- Hometown: Quincy IL
- High School: Quincy HS
- Professional Experience: Previously taught at Dickinson College and University of Michigan-Dearborn along with guest instructing at Interlochen Arts Academy. Mostly teach music and humanities but have also directed university choirs, both concert and pop-a cappella, and taught cross-listed courses in Multimedia-Music, Film Music, African-American music/studies, and a freshman seminar on Music and Liberation (civil-rights movements: African-American, gay, Latino, and trans-gender issues).
- Academic Degrees: B.Music, Millikin University (voice), Ph.D. in historical musicology, Univ. of North Carolina-Chapel Hill
- Classes Taught: Humanities, Music Intro and World Music and Film Music (to come).
More About Me
- Did my dissertation on Mariah Carey.
- Was a line cook and waited tables while in grad school
- Goes to India every summer
- Taught music to the children of migrant-construction workers in Mumbai, India