“You’ve Got This” Photo Contest
One Muskegon Community College current or future student may soon discover that his or her Instagram or Twitter photo is worth more than a thousand words, it could net a $3,000 college scholarship.
In celebration of Michigan’s inaugural Community College Week on Sept. 13-21, 2014, MCC is partnering with the Michigan Community College Association (MCCA) to offer a statewide online photo contest with the tuition scholarship to the winner’s local community college as the top prize. Locally, one winning entry will be chosen for a $75 gift card to the MCC Bookstore.
The contest centers on MCCA’s “You’ve Got This” campaign to promote awareness of Michigan community colleges. Students are asked to submit an Instagram or Twitter photo that tells a personal story about the impactthat MCC has or will have on their lives.
The MCCA explains the contest theme as follows: “Sometimes your future may seem difficult to reach. College and your career are two of the biggest decisions you will ever make. So the Michigan Community College Association wants to know what’s your secret to success? Show us what ‘You’ve Got This’ means to you as you attend community college.To accomplish this, submit a photo entry to show your story of how you’ve got this with #MCCAYGT— including personal inspiration, how you give back to the community, tools college has given you, or how your career is within your grasp.”
How to Enter
- The contest is only open to Michigan community college current students, future students, and alumni.
- All entrants must have either an active Twitter or Instagram account to participate.
- Qualified entrants shall submit a photo that depicts the ‘You’ve got this’ theme to MCCA’s Twitter www.twitter.com/MCCAYGT or Instagram account http://instagram.com/mccaygt
- Photo entry must be no larger than 840 x 840 pixels as a .jpg file
- Photo entry must include @MCCAYGT, @Muskegon_CC, #MCCAYGT and #MuskegonCC
- Photo entry can be submitted anytime between Saturday, Sept. 13, and 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 21, 2014
Qualified entrants have the chance to win the following prizes, with the winners announced on Wednesday, Oct. 1:
- The MCCA will award one statewide winner a non-transferrable scholarship in the amount of $3,000 to be used to cover the cost of tuition at the winner’s Michigan public community college. The scholarship must be used during the Winter 2015, Fall 2015 or Spring 2016 semesters.
- MCC will award one prize, a $75 gift card to the MCC Bookstore, for its first-place winner as chosen by a panel of MCC enrollment representatives.
- Statewide and local winners will be featured on the MCCA and MCC social media sites, respectively.
Winners will be sent a private message on the social media they used to submit their entry. Additionally, winners will be sent an e-mail congratulations via the email address connected to their personal account on the social media site of choice.Winners will be contacted for mailing information to send prize.
By claiming the prize, the winner authorizes the use, without additional compensation, of his or her name and photograph and municipality of residence for promotion and/or advertising purposes in a manner and in any medium, including, but not limited to, newspapers, radio, or other publications.
By participating in the contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the contest sponsors, and their employees and agents.
In order to enter the contest, you must agree to these Official Rules. Therefore, please read through the following rules prior to entry to ensure that you understand and agree. Your submission of an entry in this contest constitutes agreement to these rules. This contest discourages the creation of multiple accounts to submit entries. Additionally submitting the same photo multiple times will not be counted more than once in the contest and is not encouraged. Moreover, photo entries should be relevant to the Michigan Community College ‘You’ve got this’ theme. Inappropriate photo entries will be eliminated from the contest. These official rules form a binding legal agreement between the entrants and contest sponsors that must be respected.