To receive services from Muskegon Community College a person with a disability must first disclose their disability to the Disability Support Services Office (Room 204). Documentation regarding your disability must be provided. Here are some other things to think about regarding documentation:
- Diagnostic testing for a disability is the responsibility of the student
- Cost of the documentation is the responsibility of the student
- MCC can require additional documentation if they feel what has been provided is not sufficient
- MCC reserves the right to deny services or accommodations pending receipt of documentation.
- Documentation of a disability is stored separately from academic records and should be submitted directly to the Disability Support Services Office
Additional Documentation Resources:
The Association on Higher Education And Disability (AHEAD) has identified seven essential elements as a best practice approach for quality disability documentation. A summary of these elements is included below with the complete guidelines available at the AHEAD website: https://www.ahead.org/affiliates/connecticut/documentation