- NEW STUDENT/RE-APPLY ADMISSION
If you are seeking admission to Muskegon Community College, you can apply here. Please make sure that you follow the application checklist to ensure a smooth transition from applying to registering for classes. You may enter Muskegon Community College at any of three points in the year:
Fall Semester (August/September)
Winter Semester (January)
Summer Semester (May-August)
- TRANSFER STUDENTS from other colleges need to complete the online application and have all official transcripts forwarded for evaluation. All College transcripts must be sent directly to us, we will not accept transcripts hand delivered. Transfer students who wish to receive a degree from Muskegon Community College must complete no less than 30 or the last 15 hours at MCC and attain a 2.0 or better overall grade-point average. Transcripts should be sent for evaluation directly to:
Transfer Evaluation, Room 100-J
Muskegon Community College
221 S Quarterline Rd Muskegon, MI 49442
- APPRENTICE STUDENTS will also need to complete the online admission application. Regulations determine the number of apprentices in any trade which is a negotiated item in labor contracts or is set by the Bureau of Apprenticeship and Training; it is not a decision of the College. Questions regarding approval for apprenticeship programs should be directed to the apprenticeship coordinator.
- S.A.M. (Study Opportunities for Adults and Mature Citizens) STUDENTS
Any legal resident of Muskegon County, 60 years of age or older before the first day of the semester in which admission is sought, is eligible to receive a S.A.M. tuition waiver. If you qualify, register for college credit or continuing education classes which are eligible for state reimbursement. You may be degree or non-degree seeking. The S.A.M. waiver does not cover registration fees or any special class fees which are charged in addition to, or in place of tuition charge, nor does it cover the cost of books, supplies, or other instructional materials not included in the tuition charge. The S.A.M. waiver is not retroactive. Presentation of proof of age and residency to the Student Welcome Center prior to registration will establish your eligibility for the program. Additional information and validation of residency/age can be obtained at the Student Welcome Center. S.A.M. students must meet the prerequisite requirements which may include placement testing.
- SPONSORED STUDENTS will also need to complete the online admission application in addition to the Sponsor Authorization Request Form. Sponsor students are students who have been authorized to take classes by their employer at the employer’s expense. Forms must be signed by the student and employer. To secure payment for class, the Sponsor Authorization Form must be sent each semester.If students do not wish to register online through MyMCC, the Sponsor Authorization Request Form can be used as a paper registration form. MCC will register the student for courses listed, provided all course prerequisites are met and space is available. Processing time is up to three business days.
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
International student applicants (F-1) must file a separate International Student Application. Official translated high school transcripts, financial statements, and T.O.E.F.L. scores must be submitted with an International Student Application before an admission decision can be rendered.