Since Winter 2015, Orientation is now mandatory for:
- all new students seeking certificates and degrees at MCC
- transfer students with less than 12 earned credits (transfer students need to call (231) 777-0454 if they are transferring in 12 or more credits so a hold is not placed on your registration), and
- new dual-enrolled and Early College students.
Learning what to do before you need to do it, and how to get help before you need it, can make your transition into college life the stress-free time you’ve envisioned. Attending a “Student Orientation” session at MCC will equip you with the tools you need to succeed!
Have you considered?
- What you will do if you need help in a class? Where can you find a tutor? Will it cost you anything?
- Could you be eligible for financial aid to help with college? Do you know how to find out?
- Do you need a parking sticker to park in MCC’s parking lots?
- What do you need to do before you can enroll in classes? Once you’re enrolled, how do you go about getting your books and materials?
- How and when to apply for financial aid? What types of information will you need to apply?
- What’s the difference between grants, loans, scholarships and work study?
Learn the answers to these important questions and more at “Student Orientation.” We offer many sessions through out the year on days and times that make attending easy.
Helpful suggestions before you attend Orientation:
- Have you scheduled/completed placement testing? Call (231) 777-0394 for an appointment.
- After testing, make an appointment with a counselor in the Counseling and Advising Center in Room 101. Call (231) 777-0362 for an appointment.
- Reserve your session early for a better selection of courses.
You should also review the following one-page information sheets:
- Getting Started with MyMCC and Registration
- How to Check Your Financial Aid
- Resources Available on Campus
- Quick Guide to Important Phone/Room Numbers
- How to Pre-order Textbooks
We look forward to seeing you at orientation. Click the “Book Now” button below to schedule your appointment or call (231) 777-0454 to reserve a spot!