Student Employment

The Student Employment Office is located in Room 114 in Financial Aid.  Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.  Monday through Friday.  Walk-ins are welcome.

Student Employee Definition

A student employee is a part-time employee who is enrolled and attending classes at Muskegon Community College and whose primary purpose for being at Muskegon Community College is to further his/her education.  Such employment, therefore, is interim or temporary and incidental to the pursuit of an education.  Student employees shall not work more than twenty (20) hours per week except with prior approval from the Student Financial Aid Office.  A student must be enrolled for a minimum of six credits.

What does Work-Study mean?

College Work-Study (CWS) is an employment program which helps eligible students earn part of the funds needed to meet their education expenses.  In addition to providing financial assistance, CWS also helps students gain valuable experience while pursuing a college education.  An award of CWS does not guarantee that you will have a job on campus.  Positions on campus are limited and quickly filled.

The title “work-study” does not mean you get paid to do homework.  It means you are being paid to perform a service and gain valuable work experience.  If you find that you are getting behind on your studies, you may want to look for position(s) off campus that will work around your class schedule and give you the needed study time.


All current 2016-17 work-study positions will end on May 2, 2017 unless the supervisor has prior approval from the Financial Aid Office.

 Currently, available student employment positions can be checked online at Finding a Job