To be eligible for financial aid at Muskegon Community College, you must be enrolled as a “regular student” in an eligible program of study. A regular student is someone who is enrolled or accepted for enrollment for the purpose of obtaining a degree or certificate offered by MCC.
If you plan to enroll in classes for the 2018 summer semester and you wish to be considered for the maximum amount of financial assistance, you should…
- Complete the “2018 Summer Financial Aid Request“. Submit your request before March 2nd to have your application reviewed by the semester payment due date. Late summer applications will be accepted up to Friday, June 30, 2018.
- Complete the 2017-2018 year FAFSA.
- Review your “MyMCC” account for updates. Go to “WebAdvisor for Students”>”Financial Aid”>”Financial Aid Checklist” to look for any outstanding items requested by the Financial Aid Office or to review your award letter.
- Complete a separate “Loan Request Application” or work-study application if needed.
New! Year-Round Pell Grant
New for the 2017-18 academic year, eligible students can receive up to 150 percent of their annual award. Summer semester is considered a trailer to the academic year. Students who attend full-time fall and winter semesters are now eligible for a third full-time Pell grant payment. Students must enroll at least half-time (six credits or more) in the summer to be eligible for the additional scheduled award. Students who receive Pell Grants may receive it for as many as 18 semesters. All Year-Round Pell Grant awards received will count toward the aggregate lifetime limit.
|Pell Grant Award||$2,960||$2,960||$2,960 (extra Pell award!)|
6 credit hours
|Pell Grant Award||$2,960||$2,960||$1,480 (extra Pell award!)|
Your eligibility for aid is determined from the 2017-2018 FAFSA application. You will be considered for the following aid:
Pell Grant – You may receive up to three full-time Pell Grant payments in a year.
- College Work Study – You must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits. Priority is given to students who are already working in the CWS program.
- Michigan TIP Program – You must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits. You may use up to 24 semester credit hours per year (July 1 – June 30).
Direct Stafford loans – You must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits. Requires a separate loan request application completed from the MCC financial aid Web site.
Finally, you must be registered for ALL of your summer classes by the end of the 12 week refund period. We will determine eligibility according to your enrollment status on our census date of Wednesday, May 30. See the summer class schedules on MCC’s website.
Summer 2018 Semester Important Dates:
- Begin Priority Web Advisor Registration – March 12
- Begin Open Web Advisor Registration – March 16
- Payment Due Date – April 25
- Bookstore Charges for Financial Aid Students – May 14
- Last day for SAP Financial Aid Appeals – May 17, Noon
- Semester Start Date – May 21
- Last Day to Sign up for FACTS – May 21
- Census Date – May 30
Forms may open a new window in your Web Browser.
You will need Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to view the forms.