To be eligible for financial aid at Muskegon Community College, you must be enrolled as a “regular student” in an eligible program of study. A regular student is someone who is enrolled or accepted for enrollment for the purpose of obtaining a degree or certificate offered by MCC.
If you plan to enroll in classes for the 2015 summer semester and you wish to be considered for the maximum amount of financial assistance, you should…
- Complete the 2015 Summer Financial Aid Request application. Submit your request before March 6th to have your application reviewed by the semester Payment Due Date. Late summer applications will be accepted up to Friday, June 26, 2015.
- Complete the 2014-2015 year FAFSA.
- Watch you Web Advisor account for updates. Submit any items requested by the Financial Aid Office.
- Complete a separate loan (available after March 1) or work-study application if needed.
Your eligibility for aid is determined from the 2014-2015 FAFSA application. You will be considered for the following aid:
Pell Grant – You may receive any remaining Pell that was not used during the fall 2014-winter 2015 semesters.
- College Work Study – You must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits. Priority is given to students who are already working in the CWS program.
- Michigan TIP Program – You may use up to 24 semester credit hours per year (July 1 – June 30).
Direct Stafford loans – Require a separate loan request application completed from the MCC financial aid Web site.
You must be registered for ALL of your summer classes by the end of the 12 week refund period. We will determine your eligibility according to enrollment status on our census date. See the summer class schedules on MCC’s Web Site.
Summer 2015 Semester Important Dates (updated soon):
- Begin Priority Web Advisor Registration – March 9th
- Begin Open Web Advisor Registration – March 13th
- Payment Due Date – April 24th
- Bookstore Charges for Financial Aid Students – May 13-28
- Semester Start Date – May 18th
- Last Day to Sign up for FACTS – May 28th
- Census Date – May 30th
Forms may open a new window in your Web Browser.
You will need Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to view the forms.