MCC’s fundraising efforts are managed by the Foundation for Muskegon Community College (FMCC), a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization with the sole purpose to support the mission of MCC through fund development. The FMCC Federal ID number is 38-2363598. Our fundraising priorities are determined by community and student needs. Our top priorities include:
- Scholarships. Your support will provide financial assistance to deserving students to help them achieve their educational dreams. Click here to see a list of our FMCC scholarships and meet some of our recent recipients
- Science improvement project. Your support will address a critical national concern by enhancing MCC’s ability to deliver science education with the expansion and modernization of its aging and cramped science wing, laboratories and equipment. This much-needed project benefits many current and future programs, including the physical and natural sciences, mathematics, alternative energy, biofuels, EMT, nursing, engineering, and respiratory therapy.
- Health improvement project. Your support will expand and improve facilities to increase our capacity in many health science-related programs including support health, EMT (Emergency Medical Technician), Criminal Justice, Recreation, Respiratory Therapy, and Physical Education. Improvements to the 50-year-old Bartels-Rode Gymnasium, the most heavily used building on campus, will also provide much needed space for student life programs including intramurals and other programs that help promote student involvement and success.
- Arts improvement project. Your support will allow for the replacement of a 30-year-old “temporary” pole barn “fine arts” building. The new addition to support arts and humanities programming includes art studios, smart classrooms, kiln room, and improvements to the existing Overbrook Theater, music rooms, and instructional space for multimedia and other communication arts programs.
- Jayhawk Athletics. Your support of our 13 sports teams will help enrich the experience of our nearly 200 gifted and dedicated student athletes
- Endowment Fund. Contributions to the Foundation for Muskegon Community College Endowment Fund, managed by the Community Foundation for Muskegon County, support the long-term growth of the college
- Area of greatest need. Your unrestricted donations will be directed to areas to meet current need
- Your choice. Donors are welcome to designate their gift to the area of their choice. Click here to contribute to the fund of your choice.
For more information about how your support can make a positive impact on our students and communities, contact Tina Dee, Foundation Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (231) 777-0660.