MCC’s fundraising efforts are managed by the Foundation for Muskegon Community College (FMCC), a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization with the sole purpose to support the mission of MCC through fund development. The FMCC Federal ID number is 38-2363598. Our fundraising priorities are determined by community and student needs. Our top priorities include:
- Scholarships. Your support will provide financial assistance to deserving students to help them achieve their educational dreams. Click here to see a list of our FMCC scholarships and meet some of our recent recipients.
- Downtown Center Equipment Fund. The Downtown Center will be the new home of MCC’s Applied Technology Department and the Rooks | Sarnicola Institute for Entrepreneurial Studies. These new facilities will help equip students for the training needed for in-demand jobs, while meeting the needs of local industries and support economic development. Your support will provide equipment needed for training in manufacturing, CAD (computer aided design), engineering, welding. Additionally, the Rooks | Sarnicola Institute for Entrepreneurial Studies will feature a “makerspace,” allowing inventors from the community a place to fabricate prototypes. Contact Foundation Director, Tina Dee, to learn about naming opportunities at this and other MCC facilities. Click here to see naming opportunities at MCC Downtown Center.
- Science Equipment Fund. Your support will address a critical national concern by enhancing MCC’s ability to deliver science education in our new and renovated science labs and classrooms. This much-needed project benefits many current and future programs, including the physical and natural sciences, mathematics, alternative energy, biofuels, EMT, nursing, engineering, and respiratory therapy.
- Health Equipment Fund. Your support will equip facilities so we may increase our capacity in many health science-related programs including support health, EMT (Emergency Medical Technician), Criminal Justice, Recreation, Respiratory Therapy, and Physical Education. Your contributions will help support student and community wellness in addition to promoting student involvement and success.
- Arts Equipment Fund. The new and renovated arts and humanities facilities is home to programming related to art studios, kiln room, theater, music, and communication arts programs. Your support will help provide these important liberal arts classes.
- Jayhawk Athletics. Your support of our 13 sports teams will help enrich the experience of our nearly 200 gifted and dedicated student athletes.
- Endowment Fund. Contributions to the Foundation for Muskegon Community College Endowment Fund, managed by the Community Foundation for Muskegon County, support the long-term growth of the college
- Area of greatest need. Your unrestricted donations will be directed to areas to meet current needs.
- Your choice. Donors are welcome to designate their gift to the area of their choice. Click here to contribute to the fund of your choice.
For more information about how your support can make a positive impact on our students and communities, contact Amy Swope, Foundation Director, at email@example.com or (231) 777-0571.