These databases are available to on-campus users. MCC students and staff should access the research databases via the MyMCC portal.
Galenet databases includes:
- Biography and Genealogy Master Index
- Literature Resource Center
- Something About the Author Online
- GREENR (Global Reference on the Environment, Energy & Natural Resources)
- Gale Directory Library
Opposing Viewpoints in Context is now included in InfoTrac. Other specialized InfoTrac databases are Chilton’s and many subject specific databases containing ebooks, journals, magazines, newspapers and reports.
CQ Electronic Library includes CQ Researcher and CQ Weekly.
Science Direct College Edition Contains the full text of major social science encyclopedias with emphasis on the behavioral sciences. Titles include the encyclopedias of: Applied Psychology, the Human Brain, Information Systems, International Media and Communications, Language & Linguistics, Psychotherapy, Social Measurement and the International Encyclopedia of Social & Behavioral Sciences, Also contains scholarly journals in the social sciences.
ABC-CLIO Social Studies Databases includes American History, American Government, World History, State Geography, World Geography, and Social Issues research materials. Provided by ABC-CLIO.
ARTstor This database is comprised of “a digital library of nearly one million images in the areas of art, architecture, the humanities, and social sciences with a set of tools to view, present, and manage images for research and pedagogical purposes.” The images may be used for educational purposes.
IBISWorld This database contains US Industry Reports (NAICS). The collection analyzes and offers the latest content on 700 industries. Each report consists of 30 to 40 pages of statistics and analysis on market characteristics, operating conditions, current and forecast performance, major industry participants and more.
Oxford African American Studies Center contains articles and reference books covering all aspects of African American history.
EBSCO Databases CINAHL, Magill Literature, Poetry & Short Story Reference Center, and EBooks (formerly netLibrary). EBSCO also provides free access to Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts (LISTA). Also available are:
- Art Museum Image Gallery which contains digital art images and related multimedia gathered from distinguished museum collections around the world. Time period is from ancient to contemporary.
- Biography Reference Bank contains information on over 500,000 people from ancient through present.
- Children’s Core Collection is used to select children’s books and includes fiction and non-fiction works, story collections, picture books and magazines recommended for readers from preshcool through sixth grade.
- OmniFile Full Text contains magazines and journals from many areas including business, technology, art, library and information science, education, biology, humanities and law. Also includes the general Readers’ Guide for current issues.
FirstSearch Comprised of 15 general and subject-specific databases of magazines, journals, books, and other sources.
PsychiatryOnline contains psychiatric journals, the DSM-5® and earlier editions of the DSM, handbooks, and comprehensive textbooks in the field of psychiatry.
1.) Art Museum Image Gallery contains digital art images and related multimedia gathered from distinguished museum collections around the world. Time period is from ancient to contemporary.
2.) Biography Reference Bank contains information on over 500,000 people from ancient through present.
3.) Book Review Digest Plus contains book reviews from 1983 to present. Includes fiction and non-fiction. The database includes children’s books as well as books for adults and young adults.
4.) Children’s Core Collection is used to select children’s books and includes fiction and nonfiction works, story collections, picture books and magazines recommended for readers from preschool through sixth grade.
5.) OmniFile Full Text Select contains magazines and journals from many areas including business, technology, art, library and information science, education, biology, humanities, and law. Also includes the general Readers’ Guide for current issues.
Search through library catalogs for books and other materials with no login required. Easy interface.
WorldCat library catalogs. Use to search for books and other materials held in other libraries. Same as above, but with advanced search options. This is one of the FirstSearch databases.