Muskegon Community College President Dale K. Nesbary has been named to the National Advisory Board for the Center for Community College Student Engagement (CCCSE), the premier research organization for more than 800 U.S. community and technical colleges focused on improving educational quality through strengthened student engagement and student success.
CCCSE operates as a research and service initiative of the Program for Higher Education Leadership in the Department of Educational Administration. The organization began at the University of Texas’ College of Education. Since 2001, major grants have supported the work.
The Center has surveyed more than 2 million community college students cumulatively representing a total credit enrollment of more than 6 million students. Member colleges represent an overwhelming majority of all accredited, public, associate-degree-granting institutions in the United States.
CCCSE has grown to include a staff of professionals with a wide variety of skills, plus doctoral interns, doctoral research assistants, and undergraduate student workers.
Today, the Center is known nationally for a variety of activities and accomplishments, including the Community College Survey of Student Engagement (CCSSE), the Community College Faculty Survey of Student Engagement (CCFSSE), and the Survey of Entering Student Engagement (SENSE).
Through its ongoing research and analyses, CCCSE has established research-based national benchmarks of effective educational practice for community colleges. The Center provides an online collection of tools and resources for member colleges to use in strengthening their understanding and use of data for institutional improvement, reaffirmation of accreditation, and accountability. CCCSE also conducts regional, state, and college-level student success institutes and professional development workshops.
CCCSE NATIONAL ADVISORY BOARD
- Peter Ewell, President, National Center for Higher Education Management Systems (NCHEMS)
- Walter G. Bumphus, President and CEO, American Association of Community Colleges (AACC)
- Gerardo de los Santos, President and CEO, League for Innovation in the Community College
- Cynthia Ferrell, Executive Director, Texas Success Center, Texas Association of Community Colleges
- Maria Harper-Marinick, Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost, Maricopa Community Colleges (AZ)
- Audrey J. Jaeger, Professor of Higher Education and Alumni Distinguished Graduate Professor, North Carolina State University
- Christine Johnson, Chancellor, Community Colleges of Spokane (WA)
- Steven L. Johnson, President and CEO, Sinclair Community College (OH)
- Karon Klipple, Executive Director, Community College Pathways, Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching
- William Law, President, St. Petersburg College (FL)
- Alexander McCormick, Director, National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE), Indiana University Bloomington
- Cindy L. Miles, Chancellor, Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District (CA)
- Dale K. Nesbary, President, Muskegon Community College (MI)
- Lawrence A. Nespoli, President, New Jersey Council of County Colleges
- Daniel J. Phelan, President, Jackson College (MI)
- Vincent Tinto, Distinguished University Professor Emeritus, Syracuse University
- Philip Uri Treisman, Professor of Mathematics, Professor of Public Affairs, and Executive Director, The Charles A. Dana Center, The University of Texas at Austin