Muskegon Community College TRiO Upward Bound Program
The Academic Year begins in September of each year and goes until the month of June. During the Academic Year, students receive the following services:
- tutorial assistance twice a week
- academic advising
- personal counseling and mentoring
- social and cultural activities
In addition, Upward Bound also offers Saturday Sessions once a month where presentations of topics of student interest are addressed.
The six-week non-residential component offers the students an opportunity to become totally engaged in the curriculum while on the campus of Muskegon Community College. Students will acquire valuable personal and academic skills by:
- Instruction in math, laboratory sciences, composition and literature, and foreign language.
- Educational field trips, college tours, and guest speakers to broaden students’ experience.
- Interacting with other students who are also college bound.
What does it cost? Nothing! Program participation is absolutely free to those students who qualify.