Student Services

Early Admission/Dual Enrollment Request Process Information

Muskegon Community College participates in the high school dual enrollment program. You will find a checklist below that will make the process easy. The Early Admission/Dual Enrollment Request form must be completed each semester a student is planning to register. The Dual Enrollment Addendum Form is used for adding and dropping classes after registration has occurred.

Checklist for students not yet admitted at MCC

Once a student has attended MCC as a dual enrolled student they don't need to do the MCC application for admission or retake the compass test. Only the dual enrollment form and/or appropriate addendums need to be completed.

1. Meet with your high school counselor

If you are currently a high school student, ALL DUAL ENROLLMENT STARTS WITH YOUR COUNSELOR, you need permission from your school to attend Muskegon Community College classes. Your school counselor will verify that our courses will work with your current school schedule.

2. Apply to MCC

Apply online to receive a web account and student ID number. Please note: Dual enrolled students are not eligible for financial aid. 

3. Take the COMPASS Placement Test

If you wish to take the compass test, please call (231) 777-0394.

You may be exempt from portions of the COMPASS test if you meet one of the following requirements: 

  1. The writing and reading tests are waived if your ACT score in English and Reading is a 19 or greater, or if you have MME/MEAP scores of 1 or 2 in BOTH reading and writing. Official copies of these scores must be on file at MCC to waive these tests.
  2. The math test is waived if you have a 20 or greater on the math portion of the ACT. An official copy of your ACT score must be on file to waive this test.

**Prospective nursing students cannot use MEAP/MME scores or college credits to waive the reading test.

4. Complete the Dual Enrollment Request Form

The Early Admission/Dual Enrollment Request Form will be picked up and checked by either Eli Fox, Heidi Holmes or Jerry Wallace depending on which representative is assigned to your school. They will be contacting you for pick up dates. If you aren't sure or have questions call Darlene Peklar at (231) 777-0366. All portions of the form must be complete including MCC Student Id and signed by a guardian or parent, and a designated high school official.

In the rare case that a student must change courses after registration, the Dual Enrollment Addendum Form must be completed and mailed back, dropped off in Room 108, faxed to (231) 777-0443, or emailed as a .pdf attachement to  Click here for the Dual Enrollment Addendum Form

5. Get your MCC student ID card

Once you've registered for a class, visit the Information Commons on the second floor of the library with your MCC class schedule and get your picture taken and pick up your MCC ID card.

6. Buy your books

High school students who are dually enrolled may pay for their own books. Any book needed can be purchased from the MCC Bookstore. Textbooks can be purchased new, used or rented.

7. Start classes

Make sure you know the MCC academic calendar for start dates, holiday breaks, and other important information.

For more information, please contact:  




Darlene Peklar (231) 777-0366




Mailing Address:

Darlene Peklar
Office of Enrollment Services
Muskegon Community College
221 S. Quarterline Road
Muskegon, MI 49442