The Administrative Services Division of the College serves many different types of customers, both external and internal. Functional activities within the area include: Financial Services, Physical Plant, Human Resources, and Purchasing. Auxiliary activities including the Book Store, Food Service, the Golf Course, Graphics, College Services (including room scheduling, conference and catering), Risk Management, and Safety and Security.
1. The Human Resources department strives and succeeds in aiding in the recruitment and hiring of well-qualified faculty and staff with appropriate expertise in all areas of teaching and administration. The College employs approximately 585 full and part-time associates. Many people have spent the majority of their career at the College. The Human Resource function is an ongoing service in support of all College programs. Dynamic planning and participatory practices have resulted in a real team approach.
Muskegon Community College has a long-standing commitment to diversity. The College is sensitive to the interests, concerns and needs of all district residents and recognizes its role in providing support services to an academically and ethnically diverse student body.
2. The beautiful and well-maintained campus is a major asset of the College. The appearance of the grounds and buildings is a source of pride for College staff and is frequently noted by visitors to the campus. Constructed in 1967, the main building is a three story brick complex, built with a stream running through the inner court, creating a quiet and peaceful atmosphere. In addition, the 100 acre campus includes a natural area with a marked trail, athletic areas with baseball, softball, tennis courts, and parking for approximately 3,000 vehicles. The College also owns a 69 acre parcel of land adjacent to the campus, which is currently developed as a golf course and leased to a private operator.
In January 1995, the physical plant was enhanced by the completion of the Stevenson Center for Higher Education. This 95,000 square foot addition, which is contiguous to the original building, is operated under a consortium agreement between Muskegon Community College, Ferris State University, Grand Valley State University, and Western Michigan University. The facility includes classrooms, computer labs, office space, and conferencing space.
3. The Conference and Catering Department transcends both the internal and external customer. With the addition of the Stevenson Center, we saw a dramatic increase in the utilization of the Muskegon Community Campus for conferences, seminars, luncheons, workshops, community forums and all types of meetings. Logging on to Conference and Catering is as easy as 1-2-3. The site will allow you to browse through the latest catering menus, explore the new meeting room rates, food policy and all rental provisions.
4. The Financial Services Department houses the student accounts, payroll, accounts payable, billing and accounts receivables, budgeting, and the audit.
5. Safety and Security – each year crime statistics are published along with a booklet entitled “Your Safety Your Health.”
6. Golf Course
9. Food Service