2014 Summer Financial Aid
To be eligible for financial aid at Muskegon Community College, you must be enrolled as a "regular student" in an eligible program of study. A regular student is someone who is enrolled or accepted for enrollment for the purpose of obtaining a degree or certificate offered by MCC.
If you plan to enroll in classes for the 2014 summer semester and you wish to be considered for the maximum amount of financial assistance, you should...
- Complete the 2014 Summer Financial Aid Request application. Submit your request before March 7th to have your application reviewed by the semester Payment Due Date. Late summer applications will be accepted up to Friday, June 27, 2014.
- Complete the 2013-2014 year FAFSA.
- Watch you Web Advisor account for updates. Submit any items requested by the Financial Aid Office.
- Complete a separate loan (available after March 1) or work-study application if needed.
Your eligibility for aid is determined from the 2013-2014 FAFSA application. You will be considered for the following aid:
Pell Grant - You may receive any remaining Pell that was not used during the fall 2013-winter 2014 semesters.
- College Work Study - You must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits. Priority is given to students who are already working in the CWS program.
- Michigan TIP Program - You may use up to 24 semester credit hours per year (July 1 - June 30).
Direct Stafford loans - Require a separate loan request application completed from the MCC financial aid Web site.
You must be registered for ALL of your summer classes by the end of the 12 week refund period. We will determine your eligibility according to enrollment status on our census date. See the summer class schedules on MCC's Web Site.
Summer 2014 Semester Important Dates:
- Begin Priority Web Advisor Registration - Monday March 3, 2014
- Begin Open Web Advisor Registration - Friday March 7, 2014 after 5:00 pm
- Begin In-Person Registration - Monday March 10, 2014
- Payment Due Date - Wednesday April 16, 2014
- First Enrollment Drop - Friday April 18, 2014
- Bookstore Charges for Financial Aid Students - May 9-21, 2014
- Semester Start Date - May 12, 2014
- Last Day to Sign up for FACTS - May 18, 2014
- Financial Aid Refunds Processed - For Grants Awarded by May 23, 2014
No later than May 28, 2014
- For Loans 1st awarded by May 29, 2014
No later than June 4, 2014
Forms may open a new window in your Web Browser.
If you receive an error when opening forms, try hitting F5 on your keyboard.
You will need Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to view the forms.