Our Donors Make a Difference!
Our donors provided over $104,000 in support last year to build scholarship funds and improve programs. Learn more about the positive impact donors have on MCC students and programs by reading our annual report, available at www.muskegoncc.edu/annualreport. Please join us in thanking them at www.facebook.com/muskegoncc.
Foundation for Muskegon Community College
MCC’s fundraising efforts are managed by the Foundation for Muskegon Community College (FMCC), a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization with the sole purpose to support the mission of MCC through fund development. The FMCC Federal ID number is 38-2363598. Contributions improve our programs, expand support services, and provide scholarships to help our students achieve their dreams! Your generous support provides hope of a better tomorrow to our students and communities.
How can I help?
- Participate in the 2013 Jayhawk Scramble, our annual golf outing, set for Friday, June 14. Proceeds benefit the FMCC General Scholarship Fund. Click here to get more information about registration, sponsorships, and other ways to be a part of this enjoyable and important event.
- Support Founder’s Day on Sept. 19, 2013 with a contribution to the silent auction and by purchasing a ticket to this fun-filled, Roaring Twenties-style event. Click here to learn more.
- Click here to contribute to the fund of your choice.
- Volunteer to assist with fundraising events or to join the FMCC Board of Directors
Our 2013 fundraising priorities
- Science facility expansion project. Your support will address a critical national concern by enhancing MCC’s ability to deliver science education with the expansion and modernization of its aging and cramped science wing, laboratories and equipment. This much-needed project benefits many current and future programs, including the physical and natural sciences, mathematics, alternative energy, biofuels, EMT, nursing, engineering, and respiratory therapy.
- Health facility expansion project. Your support will expand and improve facilities to increase our capacity in many health science-related programs including support health, EMT (Emergency Medical Technician), Criminal Justice, Recreation, Respiratory Therapy, and Physical Education. Improvements to the 50-year-old Bartels-Rode Gymnasium, the most heavily used building on campus, will also provide much needed space for student life programs including intramurals and other programs that help promote student involvement and success.
- Arts facility expansion project. Your support will allow for the replacement of a 30-year-old “temporary” pole barn “fine arts” building. The new addition to support arts and humanities programming includes art studios, smart classrooms, kiln room, and improvements to the existing Overbrook Theater, music rooms, and instructional space for multimedia and other communication arts programs.
- General Scholarship Fund. Your support will provide financial assistance to deserving students to help them achieve their educational dreams
- Student Success Emergency Fund. Your support will help students who are facing unanticipated financial difficulties to allow them to continue their studies.
- Success Initiatives Fund. You can support faculty and staff-driven projects that have a direct impact on student success
- Endowment Fund. Contributions to the Foundation for Muskegon Community College Endowment Fund, managed by the Community Foundation for Muskegon County, support the long-term growth of the college
- Carr-Fles Planetarium. Thanks to contributions to the recent Reach for the Stars campaign, the area’s only free planetarium was transformed into a state-of-the-art entertainment and education destination. Sustaining supporters help ensure the ongoing operation of this community asset and add to the library of state-of-the art shows
- Jayhawk Athletics. Your support of our 13 sports teams will help enrich the experience of our nearly 200 gifted and dedicated student athletes
- Area of greatest need. Your unrestricted donations will be directed to areas to meet current needs
- Your choice. Donors are welcome to designate their gift to the area of their choice
Leave a Legacy
The FMCC Legacy Society is comprised of individuals who have included Muskegon Community College in their estate planning. Anyone wishing to leave a legacy at the College may do so through planned gifts like bequests, trusts, annuities, or by designating MCC as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy. These thoughtful contributions help strengthen the endowment and will enable MCC to advance its mission to help students and communities for generations to come. Click here to download the Legacy Society form.
For many of us, making a substantial charitable gift during our lifetime is simply not feasible. Yet, most folks care very much about the future of our community and the family and friends who reside here. That future unquestionably depends on a strong and vibrant community college to sustain and grow the higher education levels necessary for individuals and communities to prosper in West Michigan. Muskegon Community College offers options for friends and supporters of the College to leave a legacy without risking personal security. For persons interested in financially contributing to the higher education of future generations, there are some surprisingly easy and uncomplicated “tools” available:
- Talk with Your Life Insurance Provider. Perhaps the simplest way to leave a legacy of learning is to ask your life insurance provider to list Muskegon Community College as a “secondary beneficiary” on your policy for a specified amount that you determine.
- Remember MCC in Your Estate Planning. Allocating a portion of your estate to the College in your last will and testament will help meet higher education needs in our community. Suggested gifts include support in the following areas: College endowment fund, scholarship needs, specific academic programs, and facility improvements.
- Create Your Own Scholarship Fund. Creating and naming a fund within the Foundation for Muskegon Community College provides a means of honoring a family member or other loved one, while also benefiting the College.
Learn more about FMCC
- Read the 2011-12 Annual Report
- Download a copy of the Foundation for Muskegon Community College 2011 Financial Statement.
- View the Foundation for MCC 2010-11 990EZ tax form.
- Foundation for MCC bylaws
- For more information about how your support can make a positive impact on our students and communities, contact Tina Dee, MS, CFRM, Director of Community Relations/Foundation Director at email@example.com or (231) 777-0660.
Foundation Board Members Help Build Stronger Minds and Communities
- Diana Osborn (trustee representative), President
- Wayne Barrett, Vice President
- Larry Visconti (faculty representative), Secretary
- Sean Mullally (trustee representative), Treasurer
- Kathleen Bates (faculty representative)
- Gary Britton
- Tina Dee, Foundation Director *
- Richard H. Kraft
- Dale Nesbary, MCC President *
* ex officio, non-voting members
Interested in Becoming an FMCC Board Member?
Are you interested in helping advance the mission of MCC? Positions are currently available on the Foundation Board. Board members play an active role in our donor stewardship and fundraising efforts. For more information, see Board Member Application or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org