MCC Seeking Nominees for Distinguished Alumni Award
Muskegon Community College Alumni Relations is seeking nominations of deserving alumni for its annual Distinguished Alumni Award. The nominations must be received either by fax or online by Friday, February 17, 2012.
To nominate someone for the Distinguished Alumni Award, go to www.muskegoncc.edu/DAA to access a print or online nomination form.
A tradition for many years at MCC, the Distinguished Alumni Award is the highest honor that Muskegon Community College bestows upon its graduates. The award salutes the achievements of outstanding alumni whose personal lives, professional achievements, and community service exemplify the objectives of their alma mater.
Award recipients are selected based on the following criteria:
- MCC college career – The nominee must have received an associate’s degree or completed a minimum of 50 credit hours at Muskegon Community College and have demonstrated a record of excellence in academics and extracurricular participation.
- Professional achievement – Such distinction may be evidenced by achievement or advancement in career, earned degrees or professional training, professional recognition and/or outstanding contributions to the field.
- Service to the community – Nominee shall have demonstrated a record of participation and involvement in his or her respective community.
- Advocacy of education and/or support of MCC.
- Availability – Recipients must be available for the Distinguished Alumni Award reception on April 19, 2012 and Commencement on April 21, 2012. The award recipient will give a short address to the graduates at Commencement.
Previous recipients of the award include: Ralph McCrea, Elmer Andersen, Bettye Clark Cannon, Susan Harrison Wolffis, Dorothy Gill-Jackson, Billie Bruce, Liz Haller, Paul Novoselick, Robert Christophe, Richard R. Kraft, Sergeant Major Joel Dulyea, David L. Jones, Dr. Glenn Swartzlander and David Wells.
All MCC alumni are invited to attend the Distinguished Alumni Dinner on Thursday, April 19, 2012, prior to the Muskegon Community College Commencement exercises.