MCC Distinguished Alumni Nominations Due Nov. 16
Muskegon Community College Alumni Relations is seeking nominations of deserving alumni for the 2013 Distinguished Alumni Award. The nominations must be received either by fax or online by Friday, November 16, 2012.
To nominate someone for the Distinguished Alumni Award, go to www.muskegoncc.edu/DAA to access a print or online nomination form.
A tradition for many years at MCC, the Distinguished Alumni Award is the highest honor that Muskegon Community College bestows upon its graduates. The award salutes the achievements of outstanding alumni whose personal lives, professional achievements, and community service exemplify the objectives of their alma mater.
Award recipients are selected based on the following criteria:
- MCC college career - The nominee must have completed a minimum of 50 credit hours at Muskegon Community College and have demonstrated a record of excellence in academics and extracurricular participation.
- Professional achievement – The nominee must have distinguished himself or herself through achievement or advancement in his or her career, earned degrees, professional training, professional recognition and/or outstanding contributions to his or her field.
- Service to the community - Nominee shall have demonstrated a record of community participation and involvement.
- Advocacy of higher education and/or support of MCC. The nominee shall have a successful record in one or both of these areas.
- Availability – In addition to the above criteria, the nominee must be available to attend the Distinguished Alumni Dinner on April 30, 2013 and also Commencement on May 2, 2013. The award recipient will give a short address to the graduating students at Commencement.
Previous recipients of the award include: Ralph McCrea, Elmer Andersen, Bettye Clark Cannon, Susan Harrison Wolffis, Dorothy Gill-Jackson, Billie Bruce, Liz Haller, Paul Novoselick, Robert Christophe, Richard R. Kraft, Sgt. Major Joel Dulyea, David L. Jones, Dr. Glenn Swartzlander, David Wells, and Anthony J. Kolenic.
All MCC alumni are invited to attend the Distinguished Alumni Dinner on Tuesday, April 30, 2013 and also the Muskegon Community College Commencement exercises, to be held at the L.C. Walker Arena, downtown Muskegon.
For more information, contact Julie Weller, alumni relations manager, at (231) 777-0461.