Founder's Day Offers Fantastic Silent Auction Items Tonight
A round trip flight for two from Muskegon to Mackinaw Island, an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour of Grand Haven’s lighthouses and musical fountain, a catered French dinner for 16 guests, and an overnight stay for four aboard the USS Silversides World War II submarine are a few of the silent auction items awaiting MCC Founder’s Day attendees tonight at The Lake House.
Beyond the fantastic live jazz and great hors d’oeuvres, Muskegon Community College’s annual Founder’s Day party on Thursday, Sept. 19, from 6-8:30 p.m. offers a tantalizing array of silent auction items.
- Avoid the congested roads to Michigan’s #1 tourist destination – Mackinaw Island. Leave Muskegon by air and arrive in two hours. Along the way, view the state’s beautiful landscape and the majestic “Mighty Mac” bridge. Tour the quaint island shops and eateries and arrive home the same evening.
- Enjoy a French dinner for 16-20 people by renowned French Chef Frederic on the beautiful grounds of Hampton Green Farm. Relax in its European inspired lounge or outside under the stars. Chef Frederic will describe the courses and the origins of the food while you taste the fresh, organic flavors of the French countryside.
- If Italian’s more to your taste, savor a full, home-cooked spaghetti dinner and wine, topped off by a delicious fruit and chocolate display from Edible Arrangements., or perhaps bid on a red and green lasagna dinner to spark your holiday season.
- Experience the USS Silversides submarine with four overnight passes, along with a hooded USS Silversides sweatshirt, coffee mug, bookmark, postcard and half-off admission passes to the USS Silversides Submarine Museum.
- Sit down in your exclusive reserved seat for a birds-eye view of the Fourth of July fireworks in Grand Haven from the private Chamber of Commerce deck along the channel.
- You and seven friends can enjoy live jazz, wine and appetizers under the stars and on the deck of a private residence, or bid on a wine-and-cheese boating excursion on Spring Lake.
- For the more adventurous, you and a guest can board Grand Valley State University’s W.G. Jackson research vessel for an educational cruise around Muskegon’s waterways. Want to cross the big lake? Bid on two round-trip passes for The Lake Express to Milwaukee!
- Learn how to make your own beer from a local brew master then enjoy your product with four dozen homemade tamales made with the same Old World recipe and authentic kitchen utensils passed down over four generations.
There are many items from which to choose - gorgeous paintings, stunning photographs, fashionable articles of clothing, restaurant and cultural attraction gift cards, and more.
Founder's Day tickets, which are $25 per person, can be purchased at The Lake House on the night of the event.