Outstanding MCC Theater Students Recognized
The Muskegon Community College Center for Theater recognized the excellent work of its student performers during the recently completed 2013-14 theater season.
During a May 13 “blue ribbon” celebration on campus, six students were formally recognized from among the more than 50 involved with the productions of Tartuffe, Picasso at the Lapin Agile and Clybourne Park, as well as the annual Studio On Stage. The students participated both on stage and back stage under the guidance of faculty, staff, and community professionals.
Award Recognition was given in the areas of technical theater, acting, and overall outstanding Theater student. The MCC student recipients are:
- Outstanding Student in Technical Theater Award - Deanna Runions, who attended Fremont High, and Corey McClary, a Reeths-Puffer graduate
- Outstanding Student Actor Award - Tayler Zuidema, who graduated from Orchard View, and Austin Howard, a Grand Haven High School alumnus
- Outstanding Theater Student Award - Melissa Macomber, a Reeths-Puffer graduate, and Michael Pollock, who graduated from Whitehall High School
The celebration also recognized new, returning, and graduating MCC theater students with blue ribbons of excellence.
The 2014-15 MCC Theater Season was announced and will include:
- Death of a Salesman
- A Civil War Christmas: An American Musical Celebration
- Angels in America: Millennium Approaches.
For information on the MCC Theater program, contact Sheila Wahamaki at (231)777-0323 or firstname.lastname@example.org.