What's new at MCC?
New Areas of Study
Do you want to study green energy and produce biofuel for a world-class race car? Or maybe you want to learn the latest trends in designing the video games of the future? At the heart of the mission of Muskegon Community College is our dedication to meet the educational needs of individuals and communities. Last year, we added 17 new certificate and degree programs:
- New Associate in Science and Arts Degree
- New Associate in Applied Science Degrees
- Alternative Fuel Vehicle Entrepreneur
- Applied Plant Science Entrepreneur
- Automotive Repair Entrepreneur
- Bookkeeping Services Entrepreneurial
- Computer Networking Entrepreneur
- Family Child Care Entrepreneur
- Graphic Design Display Advertising Entrepreneur
- Geospatial Programming Entrepreneurial
- Landscape/Lawn Management Entrepreneurial
- Music Performance Entrepreneurial
- PC Maintenance Entrepreneur
- Visual Art Entrepreneurial
- Web Game Development Entrepreneur
- Website Development Entrepreneur
- Manufacturing Engineering Technology
- New Certificates
- New Continuing Education programs
In addition to expanding our list of over 100 degrees and certificates, we are providing new opportunities in athletics, student life, and articulation agreements that provide students with a clear and efficient pathway to earning a bachelor degree. These academic and extracurricular activities are further supported by a comprehensive blend of services that support student success.
We are proud of our ability to rapidly respond to the needs of the communities and students we serve. Many of our recent innovations are the result of our participation in the Achieving the Dream initiative. After completing the second year in the initiative, we are able to use data collected to improve the College Success Seminar course, revamp Student Orientation, and restructure basic mathematics courses–all with the singular goal of strengthening student success on campus.
To learn more about the full array of opportunities at Muskegon Community College, please contact Enrollment Services at (231) 777-0366.