Distinguished Alumni Award
The Muskegon Community College Alumni Relations Committee seeks nominations of deserving alumni for its annual Distinguished Alumni Award, presented at the MCC Commencement Ceremony.
A tradition for many years at MCC, the Distinguished Alumni Award is the highest honor that Muskegon Community College bestows upon an outstanding alum. The award salutes the achievements of outstanding alumni whose personal lives, professional achievements, and community service exemplify the objectives of their alma mater.
Award recipients are selected based on the following criteria:
- MCC college career - The nominee must have earned an associate's degree, certificate, or MACRAO, or completed a minimum of 50 credit hours at Muskegon Community College and have demonstrated a record of excellence in academics and extracurricular participation.
- Professional achievement – The nominee must have distinguished himself or herself through achievement or advancement in his or her career, earned degrees, professional training, professional recognition and/or outstanding contributions to his or her field.
- Service to the community - Nominee shall have demonstrated a record of community participation and involvement.
- Advocacy of higher education and/or support of MCC. The nominee shall have a successful record in one or both of these areas.
- Availability – In addition to the above criteria, the nominee must be available to attend the Distinguished Alumni Dinner and also Commencement (usually in late April/early May). The award recipient will give a short address to the graduating students at Commencement.
Nominations for the 2013 Distinguished Alumni Award are currently closed If you would like to nominate for the 2014 award, please use the online from linked below. All fields must be filled out to qualify. Deadline for 2014 Nominations: Friday, Nov. 22, 2013.
Click Here to Nominate Online!