College Prep 101: For the Adult Student
Adults of all ages—20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s and beyond—are going back to school to get ahead in today’s competitive job market and build upon their educational foundation. And, you’re thinking it might be time to do the same.
But taking the big step of continuing your education after you have been in the workforce a while is a very personal decision, often filled with serious questions and concerns: Will I be successful? Can I afford it? How do I get started? How will it pay off in the end? How will I be able to balance my family, friends, work and school?
College Prep 101 is a FREE six-week seminar designed to answer these questions and more for adults like you who are considering returning to college, or beginning their college education for the first time! You'll be in a welcoming setting with other adults. The instructor-led sessions will allow you to:
- Receive a personalized career assessment
- Learn how to brush the rust off your study skills
- See how college works—from an adult’s perspective
- Gain the confidence to become a college student
Weekly topics include:
- Get to know MCC, campus tours, apply for admission
- Apply for financial aid
- Take the MCC COMPASS Placement Assessment
- Do a personalized career assessment
- Learn what MCC instructors expect
- MCC overview and register for class
Pre-registration is required and space is limited in each session. To reserve your space by email, please click here. Or, you may call (231) 777-0575 today and start on your path to success!