Adolfo 'Al' Barreto
Al has extensive experience in Law Enforcement and Security beginning in 1982 with the Metro Dade Police Department having worked through the ranks to becoming a Detective.
In 1993 he ventured into to several security related positions and companies including J’Sodacor and Real Sport Concepts, the latter of which he is the owner and primary trainer.
Al started teaching full time in 1993 at Hibbing Community College where he was a Law Enforcement Instructor and Academic Advisor. He was a Police Academy Commander and Justice Studies Director at Cochise College.
Currently Al is the Program Director of Criminal Justice here at MCC and teaches a multitude of Law Enforcement and Corrections classes.
- AAS Degree in Criminal Justice & Psychology from Miami Dade Community College
- AA Degree in Criminal Justice from Mesabi Community College
- BS Degree in Industrial Technology Education from Bemidji State University
- MS in Administration of Justice from Trinity College and University
- 46 In-service training certificates in Law Enforcement Instruction from FDLE, MN-POST & AZ-POST
- Defensive Tactics Instructor Trainer for PPCT Management, Inc.
- Police and Public Safety Diver with the National Academy of Police Divers
- Public Safety Diver and SCUBA Diving Instructor Trainer for the National Academy of SCUBA Educators
- Three Star Instructor with Confederation Mondiale Des Activites Subaquatiques
- Diver Alert Network O2 Instructor
- Glock Armorer
- Beretta Armorer
- Special Operations Training Agency Chemical Agents Instructor
- NRA Police Firearms Instructor
- DNR Snowmobile Safety Instructor
- CJ 101 Introduction to Law Enforcement
- CJ 102 Police admin I
- CJ 104 Criminology
- CJ 109 Crime Prevention and Juvinile Delinquency
- CJ 110 Defensive Tactics
- CJ 130 Tactical Communications
- CJ 151 Legal Issues in Corrections
- CJ 202 Police Administration II
- CJ 204 Criminal Investigations
- CJ 205 Interrogation and Case Preparation
- CJ 206 Evidence and Criminal Procedures
- CJ 207 Police and Community Relations
- CJ 208 Police Science Lab
Office: Room 350 Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Office Hours Fall 2014:
8:00 am to 9:00 am Monday, Wednesday and Friday
11:15 to 2:15pm Monday, Wednesday and Friday
10:10 to 11:05 Tuesday and Thursday
Phone: (231) 777-0213 Fax: (231) 777-0417