Library Resources Available
- Books and other cataloged items
- Digital Books
- Listing of magazines, journals and newspapers in Meijer Library
- Listing of electronic and print magazines, journals and newspapers in Meijer Library
- Alphabetical listing of all databases available
- Newspaper articles
- Flag Collection
- Special topics
- Books - Use WebCat on any of the online computer catalogs to find books, video cassettes, compact discs or instructor's reserve materials that are available in our library. Books, videos and compact discs are arranged using the Library of Congress Classification system. If you need help at any time, ask a librarian for assistance.
To locate books and materials that are in other libraries, use WorldCat. This is an online catalog of libraries' holdings from all over the United States. If you find a book in WorldCat, you may fill out an interlibrary loan form and we will request the book or material from one of the libraries that own the item. It usually takes one to two weeks for books to arrive.
- We have over 100,000 digital books in various databases. There are also several good, free online book collections.
- Magazine or Journal Articles Using FirstSearch -
FirstSearch is one of the library's online search services. There are currently eleven databases available on FirstSearch. If you have a specific periodical title that you need to find, you may search our periodical holdings list to see which database to use.
- InfoTrac Academic OneFile and General Reference Center Gold (coverage from 1980 to present) are good databases to search magazines, newspapers, and reference books for information on business, industry, current events, the arts, science, entertainment, etc. Also available is Health Reference Center-Academic which includes indexing of health literature from September, 1995 to present.
- How to Cite an Article from InfoTrac
- JSTOR is a journal storage archive. Use JSTOR to search for scholarly articles published from the late 1800s to approximately three years ago. This is an excellent source for history, sociology, political science, math, economics, literature, African American studies, anthropology, archaeology, Asian studies, and philosophy.
- Newspaper Articles - Newspaper articles on your topic may be located by using any of our online newspaper databases. The Detroit Free Press has searchable archives from 1982. The last year of The New York Times are available via Meijer Library's InfoTrac site. The New York Times from 1857 to present are also available via ProQuest.
- Biographical Information - We have many biographical sources in our reference collection including Current Biography Yearbook, Almanac of Famous People, and several ethnic and topical biographical works. Use the GaleNet database, Biography and Genealogy Master Index and Biography Reference Bank for comprehensive research. SYBWorld (The Statesman's Yearbook) also contains biographical information on current and former politicians and diplomats.
- Literary Reviews, Criticism and Author Information