Magazines, Journals and Newspapers Databases: On Campus Access Page
These databases are available to on-campus students.
- InfoTrac InfoTrac is comprised of searchable, general and subject-specific collections of magazines, journals, newspapers, encyclopedias, and other information sources. Use for English paper research, nursing, current events and many other areas.
- OmniFile Full Text Select Contains magazines and journals from many areas including business, technology, art, library and information science, education, biology, humanities, and law. Also includes the general Readers' Guide for current issues. Now included in EbscoHost databases.
- FirstSearch Comprised of general and subject-specific databases of magazines, journals, books, and other sources. Includes WorldCat, a catalog of books and other materials in libraries worldwide. Use for education, English paper research, general topics.
- LexisNexis Academic Contains journals, magazines, newspapers and documents pertaining to business, legal, medical topics and current news. The legal portion contains case law, codes and regulations, and patent information.
- ScienceDirect College Edition Contains scholarly journals from the social sciences with emphasis on the behavioral sciences. Also contains the full text of encyclopedias.
- EBSCO Databases Contains nursing journals (CINAHL), Health Source Nursing Academic, OmniFile Full Text, and Readers Guide Retrospective collection.
- JSTOR A scholarly journal storage archive. Use for history, anthropology, sociology, literature, mathematics and other topics in the arts and sciences. There is also a biology subsection. Coverage is from journals' date of inception (some beginning in the 1800s) up to the current prior three to five years. (Recent journals are not available.)
- PsycArticles Full text articles from journals in the field of psychology provided by the American Psychological Association.
- ProQuest Psychology Journals contains full text journals and other publications covering psychology and related fields such as health, management, education and law. This database is also searchable at the new ProQuest Web site.
- PsychiatryOnline contains psychiatric journals, the DSM-IV-TR® and earlier editions of the DSM, handbooks, and comprehensive textbooks in the field of psychiatry.
- ProQuest National Newspapers Expanded This includes The New York Times from 1851 to current, Wall Street Journal from 1984 to current and other major newspapers.
- The Muskegon Chronicle daily and two-week archive.
- America's Newspapers (formerly Newsbank) is a good source for local, state and national information. Contains several regional newspapers including The Muskegon Chronicle, the White Lake Beacon, the Grand Rapids Press, and Detroit News as well as many major newspapers including The New York Times and The Washington Post.
- HarpWeek database of Harper's Weekly magazine from 1857 - 1889.