Student Services

Transfer Students

Choosing the courses or degree necessary to transfer to a four-year institution is sometimes complicated.  See a Muskegon Community College counselor for assistance.  Appointments can be made by calling (231) 777-0362.  Students who plan to transfer to a four-year college or university have several options: 

Associate in Science and Arts Degree Requirements: 
The Associate in Science and Arts degree is designed for transfer to a four-year institution. Students generally transfer with junior year standing. This degree includes a selection of general education classes as well as elective credits that may be used to fulfill specific major requirements at a four-year school. This degree fulfills the requirements of the MACRAO Agreement.

MACRAO Agreement:
This is an agreement between many two-year and four-year institutions in Michigan. It consists of 30 credits of general education classes. When the MACRAO Agreement is satisfied at a two-year college, most or all of the general education requirements at many four-year schools are also met.