German Exchange/Study Abroad Programs
German Exchange/Study Abroad Program
Contact Person - KatherineTosa - (231) 777-0376
Visit Germany! Muskegon Community College students and faculty will travel to Stuttgart, Germany May 2013. Are you looking for an experience that will last a lifetime? Each May, students and faculty from MCC participate in an exchange program with the technical college, Kaufmännische Schule Stuttgart Nord, in Stuttgart, Germany.
This could be YOU!
The Exchange includes visits to cultural and historical sites as well as local businesses such as Daimler, Porsche and Ritter Sport. Spend eight days in Germany with host families hiking in the Alps, floating down the Neckar River and experiencing Germany.
Video Showcasing German Trip
Video Showcasing Optional 3 Day Extension to Munich
- Successfully completed 15 credit-hour college courses with a minimum 2.0 grade-point average.
- Completed student application by December.
- Personal interview with the interview committee.
- Financial ability to pay roundtrip airfare and personal expenses in Germany.
- Possession of a valid United States passport.
- Signed contract if chosen for program.
- Commitment to spend time in group meetings and possible instruction prior to departing on trip.
- Commitment to share your experiences if requested with Board of Trustees, classroom members, and/or prospective exchange students for the following year.
- Enrollment in ICS 101 - GER course for one-credit.
- Flickr slideshow of 2011 Germany Photos
- 2010 Trip Photos/Details
- Watch the videos from the '09 trip!
- Spring 2009 Trip
- Spring 2006 Trip
- Congratulations Dr. Penkwitt on your Retirement