WHAT SERVICES DOES MCC PROVIDE FOR NON-TRADITIONAL STUDENTS?
- Academic Advising
- Personal counseling provided by a licensed professional counselor
- Service Referrals
- Student Success Skills in Educational/Career Planning and Goal Setting
- Financial Assistance
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE NON-TRADITIONAL OCCUPATION PROGRAM?
MCC promotes gender equity in occupational studies. This program provides assistance to certain eligible students who enroll in occupational education programs designed to prepare students for employment, and are determined to be non-traditional for their gender.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
In order to be eligible, a student must meet ALL of the following conditions:
- Lack of job skills necessary to provide adequate financial support
- Lack recent, full-time work experience
- Complete an application for the Federal Pell Grant Program
- Demonstrate financial need
DO I HAVE TO ATTEND FULL-TIME TO QUALIFY FOR THIS GRANT?
No. There is no minimum number of credit hours that you have to carry each semester. You may enroll as a part-time student, taking just one eligible class, and still qualify for the grant.
WHAT COSTS WILL THIS GRANT COVER?
This grant will help cover the costs of tuition, fees, books and supplies for classes that are part of the eligible program curriculum. It may also be used for certain career guidance and personal development classes or seminars such as the “College Success Seminar.”
|Non-traditional curriculum for MEN|
|ü||Non-traditional curriculum for WOMEN|
Diploma, certificate, and associate degree level of the following state approved “occupational education” programs:
- Business Programs
- Computer Applications
- Computer Programming
- Computer Network Technology
Associates Degree / Corrections / Law Enforcementü
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nursing «
Early Childhood Education
- CDA – Preschool «
- CDA – Family and Group Home Daycare «
- CDA – Infant and Toddler «
- Michigan School Age Credential
- Instructional Assistant Special Education
Office Systems Education
- OSE Administrative «
- OSE Legal «
- OSE Medical Clerk «
- OSE Receptionist «
- OSE Information Specialist «
- OSE International «
Industrial / Manufacturing / Technical Programs
- Automotive Technology ü
- Biomedical Electronics Technology ü
- Drafting Technology ü
- Electronics Technology ü
- Graphic Design ü
- Industrial Technology ü
- Machining Technology ü
- Materials Technology ü
- Welding Technology ü