Special Populations is an important part of the broad range of services offered at Muskegon Community College. Our goal is to provide effective services, materials, and resources which enable students who are members of Special Populations to be successful.
- Individual with a disability;
- Individuals from economically disadvantaged families, including foster children;
- Nontraditional training and employment participants;
- Single parents, including single pregnant women;
- Displaced homemakers;
- Individuals with other barriers to educational achievement, including individuals with limited English proficiency.
- Testing accommodations
Sign language interpreters
Peer tutorial and/or Professional Instructional assistance
Note taker services when needed
Assistance with accessing audio books
Liaison services with community agencies, including Michigan Rehabilitation Services
Other specialized support services as deemed necessary following an assessment of the student’s special needs
Some of the tools available include WYNN Reader, Learning Ally, Zoom Text and TDD telephone
For more information regarding services, or to schedule an appointment, call (231)777-0404 or 777-0309. VOICE: (231)777-0410 TDD