MCC Conference and Catering Office
If you are looking to host an event at the Sturrus Technology Center (STC), here are a few helpful things to keep in mind:
- SEATING: Classroom space ranges from 25-32 persons. Rental rates are based off the size of the room along with half-day or full-day rates.
- A/V EQUIPMENT: The venue has limited audio-visual equipment and setup equipment. Please talk with a Conference and Catering Services Representative to see what is available on site.
- CHOOSING A CATERER: If you need catering services at your event, the STC has a list of caterers you can choose from. You must use one of the caterers from our Preferred Caterers List (see below).These are the only caterers that have been approved by the College.
- NOTIFYING US: After a caterer has been selected, please contact Conference and Catering Services with the name of the caterer. This will help our STC staff direct the caterer to your event.
- SET-UP AND TEAR DOWN: Any event requiring catering will have 1 hour of personnel time (rate of $45) added to the event cost. This cost will cover the teardown and cleanup of the catering services.
- KITCHEN: There is no onsite kitchen or kitchenette area.
- HOT FOOD: The STC is not equipped to handle any hot box setups. No hot food that requires the use of a hot box is permitted. When planning your event, make sure the caterer is aware of this stipulation.
- FINALIZING DETAILS: The client and caterer will discuss options and details directly. This will not be coordinated through the Conference and Catering Services Office. Please inform the Conference and Catering Office of any tables needed to support your catered order.
- INVOICES: You will receive an invoice for the catering directly from the caterer. You will receive a separate invoice for any equipment, audio-visual, personnel, business services, and/or room rental from Conference and Catering. MCC will invoice all groups 1-2 weeks following the event.
Food is our common ground; a universal experience. Guided by a passion for art, Ryke’s Catering specializes in creating personalized experiences centered around uniquely prepared foods for a variety of events including weddings, intimate dining, corporate functions and themed events. We take a personal approach guiding you through each step to build the type of event you are looking for.
Ryke’s is perfect for all your catering needs. Whether you are entertaining eight or eight hundred, Chef Adam Bell and the staff of Ryke’s Catering can make your event everything you want it to be with versatile menus to meet your approval and budget. Take a look at our website www.rykes.com to see some of the cuisine we’ve prepared for various events.
Kelli Smith, Catering Manager or Chef Adam Bell, Executive Chef
email@example.com or at (231) 726-2253
At Panera Bread our experienced Catering Coordinators take the stress out of meal planning, by preparing fresh, delicious meals you can feel good about eating. We cater to groups of all size, from 5-5,000+, and we deliver it right to your meeting. We are advocates for clean food, and are committed to sourcing and serving high-quality ingredients without artificial ingredients or additives. We offer a variety of breakfast, lunch, and dinner options, and are able to accommodate special dietary needs.
Sari Hughes, Regional Catering Manager
Sari.Hughes@PaneraBread.com or at (616) 304-0638