- Hometown: North Muskegon, MI
- High School: Reeths-Puffer High School - Muskegon, MI
- Professional Experience: I am a state and nationally certified school and educational psychologist. Prior to teaching full-time for MCC, I was a district psychologist for Spring Lake Public Schools, Orchard View Public Schools, and Holland Public Schools. In addition, I was a consulting psychologist for many other districts in both Muskegon, Newaygo, and Ottawa counties specializing in special needs and gifted populations.
- Academic Degrees: Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) - Eastern Michigan University, Specialist Degree in Psychological Services (SPsy) - Central Michigan University, Masters of Psychology (MA) - Central Michigan University
- Classes Taught: General Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Abnormal Psychology of Children and Adolescence, Applied Psychology, and Educational Psychology
More About Me
- Favorite Inspirational Quote by Maya Angelou – “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will NEVER forget how you made them feel.”
- Favorite Motivational Quote – “Never take a ‘NO’ from someone who never had the authority to give you a ‘YES’ in the first place.”
- I love to travel with family and friends.
- I have a passion for reading, especially non-fiction books that are psychological in nature.
- I became interested in the area of psychology while taking some amazing psychology courses at both MCC and CMU. My passion for the discipline has driven me to obtain my doctorate and extend my own research into the area of gifted children and adolescence.
- Favorite Book – “Gone With the Wind”/Favorite Movie – “Goodbye Girl”