- Hometown: Muskegon, MI
- High School: Reeths-Puffer High School
- Professional Experience: Over 30 years as an RN. During the first part of my nursing career, I worked in Pediatrics, Peds ICU, Neonatal ICU, and Pediatric Hematology & Oncology. I then moved on to education and taught health and nutrition to middle school students. After 7 years, I returned to the clinical setting full-time as a hospice nurse. I have worked at the bedside, as a clinical supervisor, and as a QA manager.
Upon obtaining my MSN in 2016, I shifted back to education full-time. I then obtained my DNP in 2019.
I have taught nursing on campus and online, at all degree levels. I have also developed courses for online MSN and DNP programs.
As my DNP project included research on responding to human trafficking in the healthcare setting, I now travel throughout Michigan providing education on this topic. I also work with local service providers and the regional human trafficking task force to help support our community and to raise awareness about human trafficking.
- Academic Degrees: Associate of Art in Nursing, Muskegon Community College, Bachelors of Science in Health Education, Western Michigan University; Masters in Nursing Education, Western Governors University, Doctor of Nursing Practice, Indiana Wesleyan University
- Classes Taught: Nursing Courses as assigned
More About Me
- I love to work with resin and create things
- I ride a Honda Magna motorcycle
- I have visited both Machu-Picchu in Peru and Inca ruins in Belize
- I have a blended family of 9 children
- I travel throughout Michigan providing education to healthcare professionals about human trafficking