- Hometown: Grand Rapids, MI
- High School: Allendale High School, Allendale, MI
- Professional Experience: I started out of school working at JR Automation and it was where I hit the ground running learning how to design and build things in the real world. I took to 3D design quickly and started using it for fun projects outside of work. When a friend let me borrow a 3D printer it was game over. I was hooked. I could design AND make my own things at home. This led me to work with him at his engineering firm Perception Engineering where we worked with inventors and local companies to bring their ideas to life. This led me to get involved in that "startup culture" in West Michigan and attend various events and organizations like the Grand Rapids Inventor's Network on a regular basis. Taking what I liked about these organizations, I created my own called Mi3d (www.mi3d.co). It is a professional networking organization with a focus on cool people doing cool things with technology. Just before coming to MCC I worked at GM in Wyoming, MI assisting the implementation of a new product launch for valvetrain components.
- Academic Degrees: Bachelor in Science in Mechanical Engineering, Grand Valley State University
- Classes Taught: The Fab Lab will teach science, technology and entrepreneurship to the community!
More About Me
- 3D Printing Nerd that loves to print gifts for people, cosplay items, useful things around the house
- I studied abroad and lived in Spain and I’m pretty fluent in Spanish
- I lived in the Amazonian rainforest with a group of students
- Me and my wife are runners and compete in 5ks, 10ks, 25ks and half marathons. (No interest… yet… in a full marathon)
- I would have to say my favorite movies would be Tron: Legacy, Star Wars (all), Interstellar, most Marvel movies
- “Do or do not. There is no try.”