- Hometown: Big Rapids, Michigan
- Professional Experience: I began my career in retailing, prospering in the field for almost 20 years: I began as a Management Trainee and was promoted within one year to Merchandise Manager. Two years later I was promoted to Senior Merchandise Manager and increased Dress Department sales 30% in the first year to $1 million dollars. Four years later I was promoted to Senior Divisional Manager where I trained and developed 25-50 associates annually in selling techniques and skills while managing 5 departments valued at $5 million dollars in inventory. Three years later I was promoted to Senior Sales Management Trainer where my track record of profitable sales growth continued. I also managed seven departments and 25-50 associates. In addition, I created and led a Girl’s Empowerment Club for middle school students for 3 years.
- Academic Degrees: Bachelors of Business Administration - Central Michigan University, Master of Arts-Business Communication - Central Michigan University,
- Classes Taught: I came to Muskegon Community College in January, 2007 as an adjunct instructor in the Business Department. Since my arrival I have taught: •BUS 162 (Introduction to Retailing), •BUS 125 (Supervision), •BUS 161 (Effective Selling), •BCOM 101 (Business and Technical Communication) •BCOM 102 (Advanced Technical and Business Communication) CSS 100 (College Success Seminar) •Served as a Career Advisor and Workshop Presenter at MCC •Developed the Internship Coordinator position in the Business Department •Served as a Regional Judge for Business Professionals of America I was hired as Full time Faculty and Lead Instructor of Business and Technical Communication (BCOM) Curriculum in June, 2010.
More About Me
- Quote: “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” Elenor Roosevelt
- Passionate about gardening, especially flowers
- Love walking my dog, Oakley.