- Hometown: Lansing, MI
- High School: Waverly High School, Lansing, MI
- Professional Experience: I have been a counselor in K-12 setting since 1984 when I was a special needs counselor in Cheboygan, MI. I was middle/high school counselor at Holton from 2000-1998 and with Whitehall District Schools from 2000-2014 in both Early Elementary and the high school. I have worked as an adjunct counselor at MCC off and on since 1989!
- Academic Degrees: BS in Biology and Education, Michigan State University, MA in Counseling, K-12, Michigan State University
- Classes Taught: I taught Abnormal Psychology in the Criminal Justice Department.
More About Me
- I have coached cross country and girls track for a number of years. My personal running accomplishment was completing the 5/3rd 25km race in Grand Rapids!
- I have 2 large dogs, 4 cats, a bird and goldfish at my house. Sometimes it looks like a Warner Brothers cartoon with everyone chasing each other!
- My home is a National Wildlife Certified Habitat.
- I have 3 children and 3 grandchildren that are the most important people in my life.
- My favorite quote: “You must be the change you want to see in the world.”