- Hometown: Grand Rapids, MI
- High School: Grandville High School
- Professional Experience: I began my career teaching elementary education in Rockford Public Schools before moving to the lakeshore. Once I moved to Grand Haven, I focused on raising my two children and getting involved in my community as a volunteer. Through my volunteering efforts, I continued to work with students as a mentor, tutor and coach, while also serving on various executive boards where I was able to plan events, fund raise and help with school district millage campaigns and bond proposals. I completed my counseling degree interning at a high school, then went on to work with at-risk high school students and to mentor first generation high school students through the college research and application process. Through these efforts I discovered that I had a passion for helping students find their path, which became a primary focus for me as I started my own clinical mental health practice while serving on the panel for TCM Counseling of Grand Haven. Through TCM, I was able to continue counseling in schools and helping students with issues like depression, anxiety, trauma and self-harming behavior. As a new counselor to MCC, I love that I get to provide academic and emotional support to a diverse group of students as they work towards their goals.
- Academic Degrees: Bachelor of Science Social Group Science/Elementary Education- Grand Valley State University, Master of Arts Counseling Education- Western Michigan University
More About Me
- Warm summer days are my favorite when I can get lost in a historical fiction novel.
- Music would be the one thing I would want on a deserted island, and I’m not genre specific.
- In my free time, if I’m not walking my dogs in the woods, I can often be found at Home Goods shopping for home interior decor.