- Hometown: Hart, Michigan
- Professional Experience: 17 years of K-12 experience and 6 years experience working in higher education. I have been an 8th grade language arts and science teacher, ESL teacher and helped create and teach an elementary Spanish program. I have also worked as a high school guidance counselor and MCC college counselor. I strive to help all students overcome barriers to achieve academic success and reach personal life goals.
- Academic Degrees: B.A., Michigan State University, M.A. in Counselor Education: School Counseling, Western Michigan University, Licensure: Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), National Board-Certified Counselor (NCC)
More About Me
- I served as a relief & development worker/teacher/medical missionary for YWAM, (Youth With A Mission) in Central America for two years.
- I love traveling, hiking, reading a good book, and learning.
- My husband, Eric, and I have three children, a dog and a hedgehog.
- One of my favorite quotes – “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will NEVER forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou