Academic advising is an intentional and continuous process of meeting with a college counselor to help students achieve academic success in the college setting. MCC counselors can assist students with academic planning, career and educational advice and questions about transferring.
Whether you’re planning to take one class to build skills, complete an associate’s degree or take courses to transfer, we can help.
Throughout your time at MCC, you should regularly talk with one of your counselors. Students will benefit by working with counselors in the following areas:
- College enrollment procedures including orientation and testing
- Course selection
- Academic planning
- Choosing a major/career pathway
- Dropping/adding classes
- Changing a program or major
- Preparation to transfer to a four-year school
- Campus resource referral
- Staying on track to meet your individual and personal goals