To receive services from MCC a person with a disability must first disclose their disability to a staff member of Disability Support Services by calling 231-777-0309 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Documentation regarding your disability must be provided via email or fax.
Guidelines for documentation needed are listed below:
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Hearing Disabilities
- Learning Disabilities
- Medical Disabilities
- Physical Disabilities
- Psychiatric or Psychological Disabilities
- Temporary Conditions
Here are some other things to think about regarding documentation:
- Diagnostic testing for a disability is the responsibility of the student
- Cost of the documentation is the responsibility of the student
- MCC can require additional documentation if they feel what has been provided is not sufficient.
- MCC reserves the right to deny services or accommodations pending receipt of documentation.
- Documentation of a disability is stored separately from academic records and should be emailed or faxed directly to Disability Support Services.
- Documentation is maintained for five years after a students last date of attendance. After five years of non-attendance at MCC, all documents will be destroyed in a confidential manner.