The Occupational Support Services mission is to provide financial assistance to eligible students who are enrolled in occupational programs at Muskegon Community College and are experiencing economic and academic difficulties. Any student requesting occupational support must meet the eligibility requirements and schedule a meeting with the Office of Disability Support Services
An Occupational Student is a student who meets one of the following criteria:
- Is formally enrolled in an occupational program as identified by the curriculum code; or
- Has declared an intent or commitment through a career assessment to formally enroll in an occupational program; or
- Has enrolled in a general occupational course or apprenticeship-related instruction for the purpose of job training
And also meets one or more of the following::
- Individual with a disability; or
- Individuals from economically disadvantaged families, including foster children; or
- Nontraditional training and employment participants;or
- Single parents, including single pregnant women; or
- Displaced homemakers; or
- Individuals with other barriers to educational achievement, including individuals with limited English proficiency.
To apply for this grant, please complete the Attendance Cost Request Form below. Be sure to click on the Submit button at the end of the form once you have completed all the fields.