Earn your Associate Degree from one of Michigan’s Top Community Colleges!
Early College Muskegon County is a program that allows selected students to extend high school by one year in order to earn both their diploma and up to 62 college credits from Muskegon Community College (MCC) at no cost to the student. Students receive special support to help improve their academic performance as they complete both high school and college coursework and secure their future education and career related goals. While students must provide their own transportation to the MCC campus, all other college costs including registration and technology fees, textbooks, and materials needed to complete the courses of study are covered.
Students can apply for Early College during their 10th grade year. Applications are available in the high school counselor’s office or by clicking on the link below. Students must have at least a 2.5 GPA, be able to reach set scores on the MCC placement test, and be on track to graduate high school. Students should see their high school guidance counselor for additional requirements set by their home-based district.
- Degree earned by extending high school graduation by one year
- Students receive support services throughout their Early College experience
- Enjoy high school activities as well as high school extracurricular activities
- Enjoy college intramural teams and club sports as well as other college educational activities
- Tutoring services and libraries available at both the high school and college
- Complete your diploma and up to 62 credits
For questions about the program, please contact:
Dean, Early College
Mentor, Early College