Application Checklist

The College has suspended all on-campus activities but we are still here to help you virtually and over the phone. Faculty and Staff are working remotely to ensure that students’ needs are being met. Please contact Admissions at for assistance.

Degrees and Certs Diamond
Click here to view a list of all programs at MCC


√ Apply to MCC 

Apply online today! If you attended Muskegon Community College in the past, but it has been more than three years since your last class, you will need to re-apply.
Title IX Mandatory Training is currently on hold and more information will be sent out at a later date.

√ Submit a final high school or GED transcript to MCC

MCC can only accept official transcripts, which can be sent to us through the online Parchment system, mailed, or emailed directly from your high school.
Please send official high school transcripts to:
Muskegon Community College
221 S. Quarterline Rd. Room 1043
Muskegon, MI 49442
*at this time we prefer email over mail*

√ Transfer your credits

If you have attended other colleges and would like to transfer your credits to MCC, request an official transcript from your college’s Records Department.
Please send official college transcripts to:

Transfer Evaluation
Muskegon Community College
221 S Quarterline Rd. Room 1048H
Muskegon, MI 49442

√ Apply for Financial Aid

Apply for financial aid by submitting a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Worksheets to assist you are available at the Student Welcome Center.  Priority consideration is given to students who fill out the FAFSA by March 1 of each year.  The FAFSA should be filled out each academic year that you plan to attend classes.

√ Take the Placement Test

NOTE: Placement testing is currently waived unless you are interested in one of our medical programs.

Call Testing Services at (231)777-0394 to schedule a time.

    • Prepare for the placement test by going to and scrolling down to where it states REVIEW
    • Placement assessments are in Reading, Writing, and Math. You may be exempt from portions of the placement test if you meet one of the following:
      • Transfer Students: 15 or more college credits (100 level or higher) with a minimum 2.0 GPA will waive some placement testing, please see a counselor.
      • Official ACT/SAT/MME/MEAP scores or college transcripts must be on file to waive placement testing.
      • College Guest Students need to fill out the Michigan Uniform Guest Application and have their home college Registrar sign the form to waive placement test scores.  The form should be turned in to the Admissions office at MCC.
    • Prospective Nursing Students cannot use MME scores or college credits to waive the reading test

PLEASE NOTE: All placement scores have a three-year limit

√ Attend Mandatory New Student Orientation

Orientation for new students is mandatory for any new students seeking credentials (certificate or degree) to MCC, transfer students with less than 12 earned credits, or new dual enrolled/early college students.  Students can make an appointment online by going to:  If you do not have access to internet please call (231) 777-0454 for an appointment.

√ Meet with an MCC Academic Counselor

MCC counselors specialize in specific areas of study to better help students determine which classes are necessary for the degree or program they are pursuing. Make an appointment with an academic counselor by emailing or calling (231) 777-0362.

√ Check your Username and Password

These tools can be used to help you find the information you need to log in using your MyMCC username and password.

Find your Student Username and ID Number
If you are a new student looking for your student ID and username, you can find it here:
Find my Username and Student ID.

Change your password
If you know your username and password and want to change your password, you can do so here (remember to sign in with
Change my MyMCC Password

Forgot your password or recover your account
You can recover your MyMCC password using Self Service Password Reset.  To use this service you must first enroll by logging in with and providing two of the following:

  • answers to challenge questions
  • a recovery email
  • a recovery phone number

If you have forgotten your password and have not yet enrolled in Password Reset Self Service, you can contact the 24-hour Help Desk at (866) 718-5170.

√ Register for Classes Online

Log in to MyMCC using your new username and password. If you need help registering for classes, the staff at the Student Welcome Center will assist you.

√ Get a My MCC OneCard

If you have already attended New Student Orientation or are exempt, send a photo ID to This picture will be used for your MyMCCOne card.

Helpful Information

Need help with your application, scheduling your orientation or other admissions questions?  Book an appointment with one of our admissions team members now!