Transfer Students

The following information is designed for students who have not attended MCC within the last three years and are transferring credits. You will need to complete the following information:

  • Apply to Muskegon Community College

Apply online today! If you attended Muskegon Community College in the past, but it has been more than three years since your last class, you will need to re-apply.

For assistance please visit: Apply Now

  • Submit official transcripts to MCC

    • High school or GED 

MCC can only accept official transcripts, which can be sent to us through the online Parchment systems, mailed, or emailed directly from your high school or GED Center.
Please send official high school/GED transcripts to:
Muskegon Community College
221 S. Quarterline Rd. Room 1043
Muskegon, MI 49442
*at this time we prefer email over mail*

For assistance please email:

    • Transfer any new college credits

If you have attended other colleges and would like to transfer your credits to MCC, request an official transcript from your colleges Records Department.
Please send official college transcripts to:

Transfer Evaluation, Room 1048H
Muskegon Community College
221 S Quarterline Rd. Muskegon, MI 49442


For assistance please visit: Transferring Credits to MCC-Guidelines

  • Apply for financial aid

Apply for financial aid by submitting a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).  Priority consideration is given to students who fill out the FAFSA by March 1 of each year.  The FAFSA should be filled out each academic year that you plan to attend classes.  Financial Aid for Summer classes requires a special request form be filled out which is available in the Financial Aid Office.

For assistance please visit: Financial Aid

  • Take placement testing

Prepare for the placement test by going to and scrolling down to where it states REVIEW

Placement assessments are in Reading, Writing, and Math. You may be exempt from portions of the placement test if you meet one of the following:

    • Transfer Students: 15 or more college credits (100 level or higher) with a minimum 2.0 GPA will waive some placement testing, please see a counselor.
    • Official ACT/SAT/MME/MEAP scores or college transcripts must be on file to waive placement testing.
    • Prospective Nursing Students cannot use MME scores or college credits to waive the reading test
      *PLEASE NOTE: All placement scores have a three-year limit

For assistance please visit: Testing Center

  • Attend mandatory Student Orientation

Orientation for students is mandatory for any students seeking credentials (certificate or degree) to MCC, transfer students with less than 12 earned credits, or new dual enrolled/early college students.  Students can make an appointment online by going to:

For assistance please visit: Student Orientation

  • Meet with a MCC academic counselor

Our counselors specialize in specific areas of study to better help students determine which classes are necessary for the degree or program they are pursuing. Make an appointment with an academic counselor in the Counseling and Advising Center.

For assistance please visit: Counseling and Advising Center

  • Obtain your Username and Password

All students will need to visit MyMCC Log In Help to access MyMCC.

For assistance please visit: MyMCC Log In Help

  • Register for classes

Students can register for classes by logging in to MyMCC. Use the login information you’ve acquired for MyMCC.

For assistance please visit: Registration

  • Pay for classes

Watch for payment deadlines and/or set up the Payment Plan to secure classes.

For assistance please visit: Pay for Classes

Helpful Information

Need help with your application, scheduling your orientation or other admissions questions?  Book an appointment with one of our admissions team members now!

New to MyMCC?  Forgot your password to MyMCC?  Go to Log-In Help to set up your account today!

Request to Change Your Start Date:  If you applied for the wrong semester, you can request to have it be changed by completing our Start Date Change Form.  This will NOT change your program (see above section), but just your start date.

Change Your Program of Study:  Muskegon Community College is a great place to explore different fields to find the perfect match for your skills, interests and goals. Many college students change their major at least once before graduation. If you’ve decided you want to change your program, it’s no problem, although you should meet with a counselor in the Counseling and Advising Center to make sure you’re taking the courses you need to reach your new goals. If you have questions, contact the Counseling and Advising Center at 231-777-0362.

How to Become a Jayhawk digital series

Part 1: Becoming a Student

Part 2: Financial Aid, Veteran Affairs, Sponsorships and Apprenticeships, and Payment Plans

Part 3: Counseling, Registration & Bookstore

Part 4: Resources