It’s so easy to apply – no extra forms needed to request summer financial aid!
If you are planning to enroll for summer classes and you wish to be considered for the maximum amount of financial assistance, you should…
- Complete the 2018-2019 year FAFSA.
- Review your “MyMCC“ account for updates.Go to “WebAdvisor for Students” – “Financial Aid” – “Financial Aid Checklist” to look for any outstanding items requested by the Financial Aid Office or to review your award letter. Make sure you are reviewing the Fall 2018 – Summer 2019 award year.
- Complete a separate “Loan Request” or “Work-Study” application if needed.
- Enroll in your summer classes before the semester census date of May 29.
Year-Round Pell Grant
Great news! You can now receive an extra payment of your annual Pell Grant award, making you eligible for a third full-time payment. Or you can enroll half-time (6 – 11 credits) in the summer and be eligible for a prorated award. You may receive Pell grant payments for as many as 18 semesters. All Year-Round Pell Grant awards received will count toward your aggregate lifetime limit.
|Pell Grant Award||$3,048||$3,047||$3,048 (extra Pell award!)|
6 credit hours
|Pell Grant Award||$3,048||$3,047||$1,524 (extra Pell award!)|
Eligibility for summer financial aid is determined from the 2018-2019 FAFSA application. Additionally, you must be in good standing of the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) policies.
You will be considered for the following aid:
Pell Grant – You may receive up to three full-time Pell Grant payments in a year if you have lifetime eligibility remaining.
- College Work Study – You must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits. Priority is given to students who are already working in the CWS program.
- Michigan TIP Program – You must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits. You may use up to 24 semester credit hours per academic year (July 1 – June 30).
Direct Stafford loans – You must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits. Requires a separate loan request application completed from MCC’s financial aid website.
- Promise Scholarship – No worries…if you have any remaining eligibility, we will update your summer award by March 8,2019.
To be eligible, you must be enrolled as a “regular student” in an eligible program of study. A regular student is someone who is enrolled or accepted for enrollment for the purpose of obtaining a degree or certificate offered by MCC. Guest students are not eligible for all federal and some state financial aid programs.
Finally, you must register for ALL of your summer classes by the end of the 12 week refund period. We will determine final eligibility according to your enrollment status on our census date of Wednesday, May 29. See the summer class schedules on MCC’s website.
Summer 2019 Semester Important Dates:
- Begin Priority Web Advisor Registration – March 11
- Begin Open Web Advisor Registration – March 15
- Payment Due Date – April 24
- Bookstore Charges for Financial Aid Students – May 13
- Last day for SAP Financial Aid Appeals – May 16, Noon
- Semester Start Date – May 20
- Last Day to Sign up for the Tuition Payment Plan – May 28
- Census Date – May 29