Fab Lab Summer STEAM Classes (Registration for Round 1 Open Now!)
- ROUND 1 Starts June 25th
- The classes are from 9am-11am most Tuesdays this summer (check calendar and social media for exceptions, cancellations due to unforeseen circumstances)
- The classes are NOT drop-off, parent or guardian need to be present during the class. The parent/guardian can hangout in the main area of the fab lab but are encouraged to participate in the activity alongside the student.
- Classes are $20/each and are for 1 student + 1 parent/guardian
- Ages 8+
TinkerCAD Design + 3D Printing (6/25/19) – CLICK TO REGISTER
Engineers and designers use CAD software to design everything around us. TinkerCAD will get you to learn the basics of 3D CAD design in a very easy-to-use interface. Join us at the fab lab for this class where we will design a project and then the projects will be 3D printed. Note: you will have to come back another day for your project, 3D printing takes time
Design a Laser Cut Keychain (7/2/19) – CLICK TO REGISTER
Lasers are a quick way to create customized objects or prototyping designs. In this class we will design custom keychains that you can put on your key ring or backpack and make all your friends/family jealous of your cool custom creation!
Sticker Design 101 (7/9/19) – CLICK TO REGISTER
Have you ever wanted to create a custom sticker of something you love? Well then this crash course using Adobe Illustrator will get you on your way to bringing that to life! We will go over the basic steps of taking an image and creating a sticker from it! You will go home with your own custom stickers/decals!
Sculptris Design + 3D Printing (7/16/19) – CLICK TO REGISTER
Game designers, animators and special effects artists use software similar to Sculptris to create game and movie characters like Sonic, Zelda and so forth. Join us at the fab lab to learn the basics of Sculptris and create your own character! The projects will then be 3D printed.
Note: you will have to come back another day for your project, 3D printing takes time
Paper Circuits (7/23/19) – CLICK TO REGISTER
Everything around us now is filled with electronics! Come learn the basics of some simple circuit components and then put that knowledge to use! We will be designing custom greeting cards in our Paper Circuits class using small electronic components.
Coding for Kids
Do you wonder what it takes to be a programmer? Maybe you have ambitions of developing the next big video game or want to build a robot to help you do the dishes? Join us at the Lakeshore Fab Lab for a Beginner-level coding class where you’ll learn basics of coding using Scratch and our Sphero robots.
The event goes from 9am-12pm.
STEM-boree at MCC (June 27)
This event is FREE to girl scouts AND non-girl scout girls in K-8th grade.
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED TO RSVP A SPOT
Each girl will be able to choose from ONE class to participate in. See images for class descriptions.
The registration link for the event is:
Learning, sharing knowledge, and doing are the fundamentals upon which the Lakeshore Fab Lab is built. We are a community of resources and interested groups.
Members have the opportunity to participate in free or reduced-fee activities, including:
- Equipment Training – learning how to use some or all of our equipment
- Software Training – learning the basics in the languages used by professionals including Auto CAD, Corel Draw, and many others.
- Safety Training – required of all members
- Special Events/Seminars – held inside the Rooks/Sarnicola Entrepreneurship Institute
- Projects – holiday or theme-based activities for individuals and families
- Lakeshore Fab Lab Projects – Like-minded members form a group to create something
- Club/Organization Meetings and Activities – join and participate
- “Meet an Expert” Sessions – stuck on an idea? Perhaps our MCC faculty or industry experts can help.