The Lakeshore Fab Lab has a wide variety of equipment that can be used to build your ideas and projects.
Here’s a brief summary of what is available:
- 3D printing for all levels of complexity, from making a toy dinosaur to high temperature resistant engine part prototypes or various medical uses.
- Robotics – program machines or build your own.
- Laser etcher – engrave wood, glass, plastic, and more.
- Digital scanning – create 3D printed copies of objects.
- Plasma water table cutter – cut metal sheets.
- Large routing table – shape plastic and wood.
- Metal milling – traditional metal working applications.
- Vinyl printer – banners, decals, car wraps, window clings, and more.
- Hot press – t-shirts for clubs, family reunions, or team spirit.
Machine Time and Material Charges
Machine time and material charges are additional to membership fees. They vary by machine and type of material used. Below are the Lakeshore Fab Lab machine time/usage rates:
Rate* (30 minute/hour)
|Vinyl Cutter||$10 one-time set up charge
+ Material Cost
|T-shirt hot press||$10 one-time set up charge|
|Plasma Laser Cutter||$20/$30|
|Afinia 3D Printers||$1|
|UPrint 3D Printers||Inquire|
|Elite 3D Printers||Inquire|
|Fortus 450 3D Printer||Inquire|
|Digital Scanner||$20 one-time usage charge|
*Minimum half hour charge. Additional time billed in 15 minute increments
Materials pricing is based on the amount and type of materials used. Please see the Lakeshore Fab Lab manager for a quote.
We are a community service oriented operation and always welcome suggestions as to how we can better meet your needs. We will do the best we can to meet your needs within our physical space and financial limitations.