ABC-CLIO EBooks – books pertaining to the social sciences and humanities.
ABC-CLIO Social Sciences databases – materials from the social sciences including American History, Social Issues, World Geography, and World History: Ancient and Medieval eras.
America’s Newspapers – (formerly Newsbank) is a good source for local, state and national information. Contains several regional newspapers including The Muskegon Chronicle, the White Lake Beacon, the Grand Rapids Press, and Detroit News as well as many major newspapers including The New York Times and The Washington Post.
Art Museum Image Gallery – digital art images and related multimedia gathered from distinguished museum collections around the world. Time period is from ancient to contemporary. An Ebsco/Wilson database.
ARTstor – database comprised of “a digital library of nearly one million images in the areas of art, architecture, the humanities, and social sciences with a set of tools to view, present, and manage images for research and pedagogical purposes.” The images may be used for educational purposes.
Biography and Genealogy Master Index – enables users to locate biographical entries contained in more than 1,000 volumes and editions of important current and retrospective biographical reference sources. This index contains citations that point to over 15 million biographies on nearly 5 million people, living and deceased, from all time periods, geographical locations, and fields of endeavor. A GaleNet database.
Cambridge Histories Online – digital book collection of some of the most scholarly books pertaining to historical studies. An extensive collection covering many different aspects of history including economic, literary, musical, religious and political.
Children’s Core Collection – select children’s books which include fiction and nonfiction works, story collections, picture books and magazines recommended for readers from preschool through sixth grade. An Ebsco/Wilson database.
CINAHL Plus with Full Text – provides full text for over 750 journals and indexing for nearly 3,000 journals from the filed of nursing and allied health. Provided by EBSCOhost.
- The CQ Researcher Online which reports on controversial topics. Each report covers the history, current situation and contains bibliography of additional sources.
- CQ Weekly which contains information on U.S. Congress; includes status of bills, votes and amendments, floor and committee activity.
Ebook Central – over 85,000 ebooks covering all academic subjects and are from scholarly and university publishers and have current research, literature, and classics. Users may download ebooks onto multiple devices.
Ebsco Ebooks – (formerly netLibrary) electronic book database of approximately 21,000 full text books.
EBSCOhost contains these databases:
- Academic Search Complete – comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary database, more than 8,500 full-text periodicals and 7,300 peer reviewed journals
- Agricola – all aspects of agriculture and related fields, journal articles, monographs, proceedings, theses, patents, translations, audiovisual materials, computer software, and technical reports. From the National Agricultural Library Coverage: 1970 – current.
- ALT HealthWatch – in-depth coverage across all subject areas in complementary and alternative medicine
- Applied Science & Technology Source – extensive coverage of research and development within the applied sciences and computing disciplines by combining high-quality databases from both EBSCO Publishing and H.W. Wilson.
- Art and Architecture Source – broad range of related subjects, from fine, decorative and commercial art, to various areas of architecture and architectural design. Providing over 600 full-text journals, more than 220 full-text books, and a collection of over 63,000 images, it is designed for use by a diverse audience, including art scholars, artists, designers, students and general researchers.
- Associates Programs Source – nearly 1,000 full-text journals as well as 11 full-text books. This database is designed specifically for the research needs of two-year colleges, and provides comprehensive coverage of the most relevant associates program level content.
- Auto Repair Source – repair information and schedules, diagrams, parts and labor estimates, service alerts, and recalls. Covers thousands of domestic and imported vehicles.
- Biography Reference Center – more than 450,000 biographies, complete full text run of Biography Today and Biography Magazine as well as thousands of narrative biographies.
- eBook Collections
- Academic Collection
- High School Collection
- Business Collection
- eBook K-8 Collection – full text titles with unlimited access designed specifically to support a quality learning experience for K-8 students across all academic subjects from History, to Language and Literature, to Science & Technology.
- Education Source designed to meet the needs of education students, professionals and policy makers. Coverage in Education Source spans all levels of education from early childhood to higher education and also includes educational specialties such as multilingual education, health education and testing.
- Entrepreneurial Studies Source – latest insight into topics relevant to entrepreneurship and small business. This database offers users full text for more than 125 key periodicals, 135 reference books, case studies, thousands of company profiles and over 600 videos with transcripts and related articles from the Harvard Faculty Series and Vator.TV.
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition – provides nearly 550 scholarly full text journals focusing on many medical disciplines. Also features the AHFS Consumer Medication Information, which covers 1,300 generic drug patient education sheets with more than 4,700 brand names.
- Humanities Source – designed to meet the needs of students, researchers and educators interested in all aspects of the humanities. Coverage includes worldwide content pertaining to literary, scholarly and creative thought.
- Legal Source – excellent resource for attorneys, educators, business people, law librarians, and others involved with the law. Providing full-text coverage of the world’s most respected scholarly law journals, Legal Source is the authoritative source for information on current issues, studies and trends in the legal world.
- Magill On Literature Plus – literary database, combining MagillOnLiterature and MagillOnAuthors. This database includes all the literary works, reviewed critical analyses and brief plot summaries that are included in MagillOnLiterature, as well as all the biographies and author essays included in MagillOnAuthors.
- NovelList K-8 Plus – find reading materials for elementary and middle school students. Search by age level, awards, content, genre and many others.
- OmniFile Full Text – full text of magazine and journal articles from 2,700 publications. Coverage is from applied science, technology, art, biology, agriculture, education, general science, humanities, law, library and information science, current culture, social sciences and business.
- Poetry & Short Story Reference Center – collection of hundreds of thousands of classic and contemporary poems, as well as short stories, biographies, and authoritative essays on such topics as poetic forms, movements, and techniques—including contemporary content.
- Political Science Complete – full text for more than 520 journals, and indexing and abstracts for over 2,900 titles, (including top-ranked scholarly journals), many of which are unique to the product. The database also features over 340 full-text reference books and monographs, and over 36,000 full-text conference papers, including those of the International Political Science Association.
- Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection – comprehensive database covering information concerning topics in emotional and behavioral characteristics, psychiatry & psychology, mental processes, anthropology, and observational & experimental methods. This is the world’s largest full text psychology database offering full text coverage for nearly 400 journals.
- Vocational Studies Premier – specifically designed to support research in two-year colleges, and offers content geared to academic institutions offering associates degrees and vocational programs.
FirstSearch Contains these databases:
- Article First – articles from the contents pages of journal
- ClasePeriodica – Latin American journals in the sciences and humanities
- EBooks – catalog of online electronic books available through libraries worldwide
- ECO – collection of scholarly journals
- ERIC – journal articles and reports in education
- GPO – US government publications
- MEDLINE – all areas of medicine, including dentistry and nursing
- OAIster – union catalog of digital resournces
- PapersFirst – papers presented at conferences worldwide
- ProceedingsFirst – index worldwide conference proceedings
- SCIPIO – art and rare book sales catalogs.
- WorldCat – catalog of books and other materials in libraries worldwide
- WorldCat Dissertations – database to all dissertations and theses
GREENR (Global Reference on the Environment, Energy, and Natural Resources) – focuses on the physical, social, and economic aspects of environmental issues
HarpWeek database of Harper’s Weekly magazine from 1857 – 1889. A good source for information pertaining to the Civil War and other historic events.
Historic New York Times – full text of the New York Times newspaper from 1851 to 2012.
Humanities Ebooks – over 2,000 full text, scholarly books dealing with ancient through 20th century time periods. Coverage of the Americas, Europe, Asia and Arica.
IBISWorld – US Industry Reports (NAICS), collection analyzes and offers the latest content on 700 industries. Each report consists of 30 to 40 pages of key statistics and analysis on market characteristics, operating conditions, current and forecast performance, major industry participants and more.
JSTOR – (Journal Storage Archive) databases that contain archived articles from scholarly journals (current issues not included). Articles cover a range of disciplines including: social sciences, ecology & evolutionary biology, education, business, language & literature, mathematics and philosophy.
Literature Resource Center – biographical information, overviews, full-text literary criticism and reviews on more than 130,000 writers in all disciplines, time periods and from around the world. The optional MLA International Bibliography module adds citations for hundreds of thousands of books, articles and dissertations from 1926 to the present, linked to full text where available.
LitFinder – provides access to literary works and authors throughout history and includes more than 150,000 full-text poems and 800,000+ poetry citations, short stories, speeches, plays, biographies and images.
NexisUni (formerly Lexis Nexis) – journals, magazines, newspapers and documents pertaining to business, legal and medical topics and current news. The legal portion contains case law, codes and regulations, and patent information.
Opposing Viewpoints in Context – viewpoint articles, topic overviews, full-text magazine, academic journal, and newspaper articles, primary source documents, statistics, images and podcasts, and links to Websites. An InfoTrac database.
Oxford African American Studies Center – articles and reference books covering all aspects of African American history.
Oxford American National Biography – biographical information on more than 18,000 people from all time periods who have influenced and shaped American history and culture.
Oxford Dictionary of National Biography – 56,000 biographies of “people who shaped the history of the British Isles and beyond”.
Oxford English Dictionary – authority on the history and development of the English language since 1150. The online version is frequently updated to include new accepted words and their definitions.
Oxford Medicine Online – over 800 authoritative titles, over 40,000 images, diagrams and charts, as well as over 750 videos. Contains nursing handbooks.
Oxford Music Online includes Grove Music Online, which is a comprehensive compendium of music scholarship drawing from the full texts of The New Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians, The New Grove Dictionary of Opera, and The New Grove Dictionary of Jazz, new and updated articles and bibliographies exclusively available online. Also includes The Oxford Dictionary of Music, The Oxford Companion to Music and The Encyclopedia of Popular Music.
Oxford Reference Online – 100 dictionaries and reference books and an encyclopedia. Areas covered include the humanities, social sciences, literature, politics, business, law, science and medicine.
ProQuest Psychology Journals – journals and other publications covering psychology and related fields such as health, management, education, and law.
PsycARTICLES – full text articles from journals in the field of psychology provided by the American Psychological Association. Provided by CSA.
PsychiatryOnline – contains psychiatric journals, the DSM-5® and earlier editions of the DSM, handbooks, and comprehensive textbooks in the field of psychiatry, includes “self-assessment tools for study, board certification and recertification review, AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM, and lifelong learning”.
Safari Tech Books Online – over 4,000 full text books covering computer-related topics including certification, graphics, hardware, Internet, IT management, markup languages, networking, operating systems, programming, security, software engineering and other topics. Browse by subject category or search by author, title, publisher or ISBN.
Science Direct College Edition – journals in the behavioral sciences area and health/nursing and biological sciences; includes the full text of major social science encyclopedias with emphasis on the behavioral sciences. Titles include: Applied Psychology, the Human Brain, Information Systems, International Media and Communications, Language & Linguistics, Psychotherapy, Social Measurement and the International Encyclopedia of Social & Behavioral Sciences.
Something About the Author Online – all volumes ever printed in this series which examines the lives and works of authors and illustrators for children and young adults, includes both the main series and Something About the Author Autobiography Series, totaling more than 217 volumes, 12,000 entries, and nearly 17,000 images. A GaleNet database.
US Major Dailies – major daily newspapers: Chicago Tribune, Los Angeles Times, New York Times, Wall Street Journal and the Washington Post. A ProQuest database.