- This event has passed.
9/25/2019 @ 3:45 pm - 5:00 pmFree
Each year, MCC hosts a summit that provides campus and community members with the opportunity to get updates on how we are advancing our strategic plan and provide input on our current goals. The summit is an important component in ensuring that our strategic plan continues to be a “strategic plan for the community, by the community.”
The format for this year’s Community Summit will change to provide attendees with more opportunities to ask questions and provide feedback. The summit event in Collegiate Hall will feature five stations, one for each institutional priority, with attendees rotating to each station to engage in a brief discussion on an assigned topic for each priority area:
- Priority #1 Student Support – Provide comprehensive support systems to ensure student success: How do we increase community awareness of the scholarships and financial aid opportunities available at MCC? (related to objective 1.02.05: Develop 1 annual communication plan to promote awareness of scholarships and financial aid opportunities)
- Priority #2 Academic and Training Programs – Develop, implement, and evaluate relevant and innovative programs that meet current and emerging student, business, industry, and community needs: What skills does the current workforce need to improve in order to stay relevant? (related to goal 6: Provide viable courses and programs that address the changing needs of a diverse community)
- Priority #3 Facilities and Infrastructure – Provide a state-of-the-art learning environment that meets academic needs while promoting access and sustainability: How can we improve access of our facilities, technology, and media? (related to goal 13: Improve access of our facilities, technology, and media to expand equal opportunities for persons with various abilities)
- Priority #4 Engagement and Collaboration – Expand collaborations and improve communications to further engage the community in the mission of MCC: What organizations should we collaborate with to further support student success? (related to goal #19: Cultivate strategic partnerships with business, industry, and other key organizations to meet needs and support student success)
- Priority #5 Culture and Equity – Strengthen our culture of inclusion, equity, accountability, safety, and well-being: As a student, what would make you feel more welcome and included? (related to objective 5.22.02: Increase students feeling of being welcomed to campus to national average)
The Implementation Advisory Team selected the carousel format because it better engages participants in the discussion, which will help ensure our goals are still meeting student and community needs. In addition to providing a summary of 2018-19 accomplishments, facilitators will seek feedback on goals scheduled for 2019-20.