The winners in Muskegon Community College’s Fall 2020 Creative Writing Contest, organized by the MCC English and Communications Department and the Muskegon Writers’ Series, have been selected.
The top places in each category are:
- 1st Place: “The Crucible” by Justin Rymal
- 2nd Place: “Leaving to Live” by Skylar Springer
- 3rd Place: “Half Truths” by Jessica Jackson
- 1st Place: “Final Stop” by Taylor Strand
- 2nd Place: “A Short Tale of an Eccentric Millionaire” by Nicholas Rossiter
- 3rd Place: None awarded
- 1st Place: “14 Pills” by Josie Buckingham
- 2nd Place: “In Vain” by Aisha Brown
- 3rd Place: “Work it Out” by Lance Klemple
The first place and second place finalists in the creative non-fiction, fiction and poetry categories will have their work automatically submitted to the Michigan state-wide community college writing contest sponsored by LAND (Liberal Arts Network for Development), an organization committed to community college faculty and student excellence.
Those chosen among the top three in each statewide category will receive their awards during the virtual LAND conference on Feb. 19, 2021 and will have their works appear in the LAND publication.
For more information, contact the English and Communications Department at (231) 777-0371.