To change your name, address, and/or phone number, please submit the Student Personal Data Change Request Form, complete the sections as directed below, and submit the form and required documents by email to OfficeoftheRegistrar@muskegoncc.edu (from your MCC email account), by fax to 231-777-0209, or by mail to:
Registrar’s Office221 South Quarterline RoadMuskegon, MI 49442
If submitting this request by fax, mail, or a non-MCC email account, you must include a copy of your government-issued photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, or passport).
Complete the required information on the front AND Section 5 on the back of the Student Personal Data Change Request Form.
Sign and date the form.
Make a copy of one of the following to document your name change: marriage certificate, divorce decree, court order, or signed social security card.
NOTE: A copy of your signed social security card is required for all MCC student workers.
Address and/or Phone Number Changes
- Complete the required information and Section 1 of the Student Personal Data Change Request Form.
- Sign and date the form.
Important Note: Changing your address will not automatically change your residency status for tuition purposes. Please follow the instructions below to update your residency status.
Residency Status Changes
Steps to Change Residency:
- Complete the required information and Section 2 of the Student Personal Data Change Request Form.
- Sign and date the form.
- Submit the form and the required supporting documentation by email to OfficeoftheRegistrar@muskegoncc.edu or by mail to the following address:
Student Welcome Center221 South Quarterline RoadMuskegon, MI 49442
A valid picture form of identification (driver’s license, state ID, or passport) must accompany all requests.
Determination of residency status is governed by the following:
- To qualify as an in-district resident, you must have lived within the confines of Muskegon County for six consecutive months prior to the first day of classes for any semester.
- To qualify as an out-of-district resident, you must have lived within the confines of the State of Michigan for six consecutive months prior to the first day of classes for any semester. If you have previously registered as a nonresident you may change to in-district resident status upon satisfying the requirements above. When recently married you shall be deemed an in-district or Michigan resident if your spouse satisfies the requirements above. Initial residency status shall be determined by the Enrollment Services Office.
It is your responsibility to notify the Registrar’s Office/Student Welcome Center, prior to the first day of classes for any semester, of any change in residence that would affect your residency classification. THE BURDEN OF PROOF LIES WITH YOU, THE STUDENT. The above applies only to American citizens, permanent residents and refugees. Required documentation is listed below. All documentation must have the address and required dates listed.
To document your residency change request, be prepared to show your Michigan driver’s license or state ID and make a copy of one of the following documents: voter identification, property lease, vehicle registration, utility bill, vehicle insurance certificate, property tax receipt, or a notarized verification from Muskegon County or Michigan resident stating you have resided with him/her for at least six months prior to the start of the semester. Note: All documents must have the student’s name and indication of the Muskegon County address in addition to the date the address began.